“Great Turkish/Greek food!!!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Really loved the tarama with pita bread. Great food, but the location isn't the most romantic. Great for takeout!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have enjoyed the variety and quality of the food at this restaurant. No where else in Virginia Beach is there food which isn't Italian, American, Oriental or Mexican. The Greek and Turkish flavors and variety of offerings is a real treat for anyone who likes lamb especially.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

It is in an apartment building. I thought at first it was a halfway house or something after meeting some of the residents.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Mediterranean and Turkish cusine. Excellant service, food quailty great. A go back to place. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I personally like The Mayflower Cafe very much but if someone (like a couple of my picky friends) don't preview the menu first, they may not be happy. For instance, I always caution that the eggplant dish isn't what you might expect to avoid anyone being unhappy. The restaurant will replace an entree for those who are not satisfied, but some people won't speak up or will suffer through. For me, I'm a longtime fan stretching back to when I lived in the same building. Our most recent visit, we went with friends before going to a local theater production and had a great time. The server was very aware of our timing and made sure she timed everything to meet our time requirement. Sometimes I think it's a little pricey, but I'm a big supporter of going to local businesses, so that works out. The owner is always there and very attentive to make sure everyone is happy. The fresh pitas served hot are addictive! We enjoy The Mayflower about every other month, and I've been known to order to go after yoga classes across the street. Try it--but ask questions about what you'd like to order. Don't hesitate to order extra side dishes, and you may want to get salad dressing on the side so it's not too soup-y. All little things, really.