“Would recommend the hotel, but stay away from the area!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Louisiana
“Would recommend the hotel, but stay away from the area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

This hotel was maintained well for a beach hotel. The room was clean and the common areas were well serviced. The hotel staff was nice and accommodating. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise, very nice with several hot items. The dining area was spacious enough for their many guests.
I did not care for the area, however. It was very crowded, with no nice restaurants or shops. The street behind our hotel (Atlantic Ave.) reminded me of Bourbon Street, with rowdy kids (and adults). I would not recommend this area for a family vacation.

• Liked — all rooms have a view of the beach
  • Disliked — the surrounding area
4 Thank funfor3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2007

Stayed in three rooms with my wife, two teenage sons, my sister, brother-in-law, their three sons, and my mom at the Fairfied Inn at Virginia Beach in late June. We had a wonderful time. The hotel is perfectly situated, right on the beach/boardwalk in the middle of Virginia Beach. The rooms are new and clean and the staff is very responsive and attentive. Even the normally crazed breakfast buffet was very well managed. The pool and hot tub were nice as well.

The only issue for us was that the rooms are on the small side - each had two double beds and minimal space around the beds. There was a nice balcony with beautiful ocean view and we would definitely return.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — Room Size
3 Thank HappyTraveler42
Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

I stayed at the hotel from July 22- July 26. I have stayed there for the last 2 years on my vacation. The good things are that the rooms are nice. The breakfast is good. Now the bad. I booked online way in advance. I got quoted a rate of $209. When I was checking in, someone walked in off the street and the clerk told them they had rooms and their normal rate was $209 but she would give them a room for $198. That was not right. I told them I wanted the same rate and was told they were just trying to get rid of rooms. Another thing is the maid service. Most hotels I have stayed in clean your rooms in the morning hours. I go out on the beach after breakfast and stay until about 3pm. When I come in, I like to shower up and relax a little before dinner. The maids didn't ever get to my floor, which was the 2nd floor until 3:30 at the earliest. So I would have to wait until they were done so I could have fresh towels. I think I will check other hotels next year for my vacation.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank dec1000
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

Very nice hotel, clean, good service. Only complaint would be the incredibly small pool which was always full of children!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smessen
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

My friends and I had booked a getaway for my 30th birthday the weekend of July 7th. I had called prior to arriving for some info and the lady on the phone was very helpful. Upon arriving early we were giving a parking spot, and an access pass to the beach until our room was ready. This meant we were able to change in the lobby restrooms and head to the beach! So far so good. We checked in a few hours later to find a very nice, clean, well-kept ocean front room! Even the bathroom was nice! The hotel is in a great location, is very well kept and very accessible. The hotel staff was very accomadating. I requested a roll away bed and crib and received both within a half an hour (more like 15). The beds were also very comfortable. I will definitely be returning.

• Liked — Location was great! Room was CLEAN! Staff very helpful
  • Disliked — Needs more parking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank snowbugs
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

Fairfield Inn in Virginia Beach was nice, but I would not say it was great as some of the other reviews are indicating. It was very clean but the rooms themselves were just okay. My room was just a normal hotel room overlooking the ocean. I do have to say the staff was very
nice and the continental breakfast was decent enough every morning.

One complaint - the pool. It was way too chlorinated and everyone complained. It was cloudy and our eyes burned every time we went swimming. We brought it to the hotel's attention, but the maintenance
person said that they added extra chlorine because the chlorine levels would go down once everyone went swimming in the pool. Nice explanation, but adding so much chlorine that it is going to make people sick is not such a good idea.

• Liked — The price was right
  • Disliked — The pool - too cloudy and over-chlorinated
3 Thank lmcmch
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

After reading all the positive reviews, I booked a three night stay in mid-June at the Virginia Beach Fairfield - Ocean Front, and was very happy. Our family, especially my wife, is very fussy about a place needing to look fresh and new and clean. It passed all tests with flying colors. Breakfast is provided in a room overlooking the ocean. The only negative is that there is no outdoor pool, only a medium size indoor pool. Overall, the hotel is excellent with very good customer service in all areas.

• Liked — very clean and fresh in appearance
  • Disliked — no outdoor pool
2 Thank familymanfromOhio