“Great stay perfect location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great stay perfect location”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

First off, all of the rooms are oceanfront.. Which is amazing. All of the staff we came in contact with we're incredibly nice and personable. I received a welcome gift upon check in for my Marriott elite status, which I had not received anywhere else so that was a great surprise.. Especially after a 10 hour drive down. There was free breakfast every morning, and it did the job, it was your typical continental breakfast, but it's free so no complaints! The hotel is right by all of the shops, which is good and bad at the same time cuz now I'm broke from buying people gifts. But anyways, the stay was awesome and I will definitely be back. My only suggestion is that the fridges have freezers in them because I bought ice cream at the market and then it was forced to melt :(
Other than that, it is a great hotel, some of the fixtures could use some updates but it's fine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for you kind words. I will be sure to let my staff know that you felt welcome as soon as you arrived. Comments like this really make the work we do here at the Fairfield Inn and Suies worth the effort. We pride ourselves on providing quality customer service to every guest that walks through our doors. I am glad that you were able to experience not only our wonderful staff but also the beautiful oceanfront view from your room. Feel free to come back and visit us at anytime. Thank you for your comment and for selecting Fairfeild Inn and Suites, have a wonderful day.

Respectfully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed in Fairfield Inn & Suites this trip. Not as clean as in the past. During breakfast one TV had a movie that the staff was watching and the other TV had a info commercial. The TVs should have had the morning news on for the guests not on the channels for the staff to watch. Breakfast was so so.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank conleytg0945
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I understand the aggravation you have regarding your recent stay. I am the Front Desk Supervisor and I am sorry we did not meet your expectation or our own expectation. Guest issues are important to me and every one of our employees. Additionally, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and I understand how not having the room clean to your expectation can really ruin a stay. I believe we have a wonderful staff and am truly sorry you did not get the service that is expected. If you would like to further discuss your stay with me please contact me directly via telephone 757-422-4885. I thank you for your stay and your comments
newyork
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay. First the staff is great! Amber at the front desk is awesome! She went above and beyond for us. For the hotel it's self I would say it needs a good cleaning. It's not dirty but you just don't get that fresh clean feeling upon entering your room. I was not happy that the back door to beach is open to the public. I witness many beach people come in and wait for someone to open door to the pool so they could use pool and hot tub and leave. Also with the free breakfast as well. My 10 year old son had to witness many young drunks go in pool to wash sand off that we're not guest. I feel this hotel needs to fix back door so it opens with your room key only. For that reason I will not return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank tina37
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my deepest apologizes. We seek to provide quality service to everyone who walks through our doors and unfortunately we did not meet your expectation or ours. We do value your business, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust. If you would like to book another reservation or to discuss more about your stay please feel free to contact me directly at any time. Thank you once again for you feedback and for selecting Fairfield Inn and Suites.

Respectfully,
St. Pete Beach
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Excellent room - hotel had everything from breakfast to Wi-Fi (computers). Wonderful stay - just perfect for a couple of days. Staff very helpful with local places to eat and see. The views exceptional - and listening to the sound of surf at night when you leave the sliding doors open on the balcony was so soothing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles B, Front Desj Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for completing a review of your stay! We appreciate your positive comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We look forwad to having you stay with us again
Mount Union, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked into this hotel May 17th 2014. I had advance purchase our room online. I bought the king suite. When we got to the hotel I realize I did not bring the credit card that I book the room with. When asked me for the credit card and I explained I did not bring it with me, it was not a problem at all. As soon as we have walked in the door the three people standing at the front desk greeted us immediately. Iris was the clerk who was checking us in. She was very friendly and inviting. She gave us the names of the other two were standing there and left us know that they all three were there to make sure that our stay was a great one. And that's exactly what it was. Our room was amazing. It was very clean. The view was heavenly. Each time we entered or exited the building by the front door the people who were working the front desk always spoke to us. The breakfast after on Saturday morning allowed us to go ahead and begin eating prior to breakfast opening. They already had everything ready so she told us to go right ahead. Breakfast was your usual continental breakfast. But it was all very good. There were definitely enough things to choose from. My boyfriend was only disappointed by the fact that they did not have a waffle iron. I on the other hand could care less. If there is one there I eat a waffle. If there's not I something else so to me this was not a big deal. We will definitely be staying here again in the future when we come to Virginia Beach. Great job to Iris and the rest of the staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lacy H
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
WOW!!! Thank you so much for you kind words. I will definitly pass this information on to the rest of my front desk staff, I know they will be very pleased about your comment. Here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, we take pride in not only providing superior customer service but also our ability to connect with every guest that walks through our doors. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with our services and we hope you come back to visit with us again very soon. Thank you for selcting our hotel once again and I hope you have a great day.
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed May 21, 2014

As member of the marriott family, i found this hotel to be perfect. From the rooms to the wonderful staff. They were all professional courteous and welcoming. I had a wonderful stay from a stressful week, the staff made me feel relaxed and taken care off. Thank you kindly

Room Tip: all the rooms are oceanfront so you cant go wrong.. king size rooms have little bit more space and s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Great!!!! We are very happy to hear thar you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn in Virginia Beach. We take pride in providing world class service to our guest and comments like this gives us the energy to do this day end and day out. Here at the Fairfield we take customer satisfaction very seriously and I hope that you will come back and to visit us very soon. Thank you for staying with us once again and have a great day.
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The first day we came we arrived around 9:30 and although we were Marriott Rewards Members and had booked a reservation earlier we were given a handicapped room on the second floor. This irritated some members in our party but I was happy we had a room to begin with! Other than that, this was one of the best hotels I had ever stayed in. The complimentary breakfast was amazing and the food was great. The hotel is extremely close to the beach and it was nice being able to have the amazing views from our balcony. They even had free cookies in the evening! Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Charles B, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for you comment. I apologize that we were not able to give you a different room, but on sold out nights we have limited capabilities to move guest around from room to room. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay here at the Fairfield Inn in Virginia Beach. We hope that this will not be your last visit with us; we would love for you to come back and visit with us. We enjoyed having you and we hope to see you again very soon. Thank you for selecting our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon