Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place is great, we will definitely stay here again if we return to the area. Parking is not a problem with their attached parking garage plus outside parking if you prefer. Friendliest greeting we have ever gotten at a hotel, and about 10 minutes after getting to the room, we were called by the same lady to make sure the room was to our liking and see if we needed anything. The room was fabulous..... clean, modern, roomy, and, as with all their rooms, a balcony overlooking the ocean. F-18s flying over the area during the day were noisy, but stopped at bedtime. Very quiet room, and great bed. Wonderful free breakfast, we couldn't think of anything which would have improved our opinion of this hotel. Also very reasonable considering the location and amenities. If available, Fairfields are always our hotel of choice, and this one reaffirms our decision.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blackie205
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Cg205,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. We appreciate such a positive review and for pointing out our staff service, cleanliness, and excellent value. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Fairfield Inn, I am a rewards member and always stay at a Marriott property if possible. The staff here is always super friendly, the offer on site parking which is premium at the oceanfront, the rooms are always clean, and the price is always affordable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you Dave!

We here at Fairfield Inn and Suites appreciate your review of our property! I see you travel often and prefer the Marriott Brand. We thank you for being a loyal reward member with Marriott and choosing us for your most recent stay. I'm happy to hear you found our staff friendly and our rooms accommodating. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed only one night recently. Had booked 3 nights but the softball tournament was cancelled due to rain. Hotel was perfect location, right on the boardwalk. Rooms were fine, comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great, not the quick kind at most hotels, all hot stuff. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would have stayed longer except for the constant rain. Will be sure to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

CJTT,

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I was sad to hear your tournament was canceled, I know many of the teams were looking forward to playing. I thank you for your positive review of our property and staff. We take great pride in our hotel and we hope we have made the same impact on others as we have you. We hope to see you return next year for the softball tournament!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend trip. The convenience to the beach was so nice, the view from the 2nd floor balcony was just as lovely. The pool was comfortable and clean as was the whirlpool. The breakfast here was nicer than other Fairfield's we've stayed in before with a nice variety of both hot and cold foods. The internet worked great and although we didn't really watch TV it was nice to have the option of two in the room in case people like to watch different programs. I think the beds could use a little updating soon, it wasn't horrible but if I had to find one thing to complain about that would be it. I think the thing that made this hotel stay most enjoyable was the staff, particularly the evening maintenance guy who we met upon arrival, both nights we were in the whirlpool he stopped by to ask us if it was comfortable and even turned up the jets for us one night. His pleasant demeanor just made us smile. The entire staff was just very friendly and really made our stay enjoyable! We have stayed at almost off the Marriott chains at Virginia Beach and this was by far our favorite, we will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

BABernier,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. Your praise means a lot to us! I am very proud of our staff and I am glad that you mentioned their wonderful hospitality. We know you have many places to choose when traveling to the oceanfront and we thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Marriott.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for one night but we could have stayed longer. The hotel is very good, the service up to the Fairfield brand. The location is perfect for a beachside holiday. The city in the back of it is on the cheeky and cheap side; but that's often the case for seaside resorts.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Pljours,
Thank you for writing about your stay with us. We're so happy to hear you were pleased with your accommodations! We take great pride in our hotel and it makes it all worthwhile when we read positive reviews from our guests! We hope to have you return in the near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spending 3 days here hotel staff are some of the best I have experienced any where. Friendly, courteous, helpful and always with a smile. Rooms are average however they are clean and comfortable. Beds are comfortable and slept well. Pool and hot tub are nice. The balconies are awesome for viewing the beach. All in all I would recommend this hotel. It doesn't have a bar or restaurant however there are no shortage of them in town and you can walk to any of them. The value is very good.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BABernier
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for recommending our hotel! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your 3 day stay with us. Our staff will be happy to hear their services were appreciated. On behalf of the hotel we thank you for your stay and look forward to your return next time you visit Virginia Beach.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my first visit to the area and as a Marriott Platinum member I stay in quite a few hotels. I have numerous examples where the staff went beyond my expectations. Early week call to answer any questions I had about my trip, a second wake up call near the first one to make sure I didn't miss my business meeting (I didn't even ask for the second one), bathroom supplies left at the door when I had a do not disturb sign during a business call, a check up on me call during my stay and generally everyone was very nice and friendly no matter what time I went through the lobby. I found my room very clean and I was surprised that they had a steam cleaning scheduled for the week after I departed as I thought the room was already very clean. A view overlooking the beach was nice. I will definitely stay here again. Side note - The Thai restaurant next door served good food. I did notice the homeless people that someone else mentioned but I was able to see them being asked to move by some type of city worker from my higher floor room in the morning. I also noticed a parking meter that was collecting money for the homeless on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Business_Traveler342
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us! Coming from a loyal marriott reward member, your opinion and positive reviews mean a great deal to our team. Thank you for your stay, we look forward to seeing you again!