“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family is from the Hampton area but I wanted to stay closer to the beach. I haven't been to the area for years so I was super excited about this trip. Prior to my arrival, I had some changes that I needed to make to my reservations and there was a lot of back and fourth but I have to say that Meredith was extremely helpful and patient and I truly appreciate her assistance! When I did arrive, the young man at the front desk was very pleasant and the check-in process was expedient. The lobby was bright and inviting and the guest rooms clean and nicely decorated. I am always skeptical when staying at the beach because you often get the smell of mildewed carpets but not the case here!! The only thing that annoyed me was that there are no elevators in the parking garage so I had to lug all my junk down the stairs to the lobby entrance. This is more my fault than anything cause I didn't pay attention and should have unloaded at the front entrance before parking. Despite that, I had a great stay. The view of the beach is fantastic and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Erika W,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us on Tripadvisor.com. I appreciate your comments and positive reviews on our service and staff. We are certainly glad you decided to stay with us and enjoy the Oceanfront during your trip to Virginia. We look forward to having you again next time you Visit Virginia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the 3 days I spent here. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and the room was great! Every room is an oceanfront room, they provide a couple of chairs and a table/footstool and the location is prime--about midway of the boardwalk. Lots of great conveniences only 2-3 blocks away (restaurants and fast food, pier, drugstore). Also complimentary on-site parking (big plus on Atlantic Ave.) and breakfast. This is a great location anytime, but I love the beach this time of year best.

Looking forward to my next getaway!

Room Tip: Best ocean views are at the top, there are nine floors total (I was on the 8th).
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ann_from_TX
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that your three days spent with us were pleasant. We hope you return to us next time you come to Virginia Beach.
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This Inn is located on Atlantic Ave, right on the beach. Our family had a room with a balcony and it was a superb weekend. This was due in large part to the service and attention given to us from the hotel staff. Whether it be Meredith at the front desk who attended to our many [ unfortunately] questions and needs, or the lady who within 1 minute had us additional wash clothes, or the maintenance man who at 10:30 on a Friday night was having to mop up a spill in the lobby and yet took time to speak in such a pleasant manner, was I impressed with this place. While the rooms may not be the newest on the block, the updated HD TV's and the original parking deck do help maintain convenience. We saw none of the encampment of individuals that were mentioned in previous reviews and also enjoyed the variety of food offered during breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Midlotrails
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I personally appreciate hearing your comments about your stay. We are very proud of our staff and they will be happy to hear of your gratitude. We look forward to your return.
Selma, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at this fine hotel property, rooms were very nice & clean, staff well trained and inviting. I enjoyed the pool and gym as well as the breakfast menu. The only drawback was after dark there was a homeless encampment set up right outside the building on the boardwalk. It makes the property as well as the city seem a little seedy. Overall I would suggest to anyone looking for a good value at an upscale hotel at the beach give this hotel a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Sherry,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the staff! It was wonderful having you here with us for three days. I look forward to your next visit with us in the near future! Best regards,

Randy S.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Fairfield Inn & Suites…. It was just okay. The location was perfect and hotel room was pretty average. The reason why I wouldn’t return to the hotel is because they don’t monitor homeless people that comes in and out of the hotel. There were two different times where my husband and I both spotted a “Homeless Person” walking through the hotel as well using their facilities. I even saw one making coffee. I mentioned it to the Front Desk and the responses were as if they were not surprised…. As if it happens all the time. Never again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind comments and observations. We are always seeking ways to provide excellent service to our guests by listening to feedback. We love that you took notice to our great central location here on the Oceanfront. I understand how seeing homeless people while on your vacation is undesirable. Unfortunately, there are homeless people in the city of Virginia Beach. We do our best to monitor the activity on our property and provide a safe and clean atmosphere. However, until we can be certain that a person on our property is not a guest we must treat them with the same kindness and respect as one. I'm sure you can understand that we take this specific issue seriously and are taking proper steps to eliminate this issue.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel,
Randy S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Within walking distance of the start and finish line for the rock n roll half marathon in Va Beach as well as the associated American Music Festival. The complimentary breakfast was fine, served its purpose. Clean rooms and facilities. Wouldn't go there for the fitness room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
D B,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. The Rock N' Roll Marathon along with Labor Day weekend was a very busy week for the Oceanfront. Thank you for giving our property high ratings in all of the categories. We try our best to give our guests great value and service guests and we are happy to hear we have achieved that with you. We hope to see you next year for the the Rock N' Roll Marathon in 2014.
Hyattsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

excellent hotel customer orientated , top bed cover soil was taken care of right away. Food very good and a lot for your money excellent location. I put a request in for an upper floor and was promised that it would be taken care of, It wasn,t in the system so i was told. Said that they could see if they could find one the next day. Same workers on desk at check-in it never happen our whole stay(not good just the principal). I was really disappointed, would have left but none refundable policy. All in All I would go back again but will insist on upper floors. I checked the floors there were plenty vacancy on the top floors. We stayed for four days middle of the week. Wow !!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think about the room, incidents????????????????????

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter" "Corner suites are large and sunny"...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. I'm happy to hear you found our hotel had great value to you. I apologize we weren't able to place you into a higher floor during your stay. We have many different room types and guests who stay for different lengths of stay which can limit availability of the rooms for a room transfer. Please understand our staff tries their best to accommodate all guest requests. I sincerely apologize we were unable to find you a room on a high floor during your stay.