“Enjoyed our stay and free breakfast!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice beach! However there were colonies of homeless folks on the boardwalk outside our balcony making the stay both interesting and depressing to an extent! Not this hotels fault of course! We enjoyed renting bikes and local restaurants overlooking the beach and boardwalk !

• Stayed: July 2013
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip and the local area during your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed the view from your room. Every room faces the ocean and has a balcony, so be assured your next visit with us will have another great view!
I understand that seeing homeless people during your stay can make you feel uncomfortable and we are working with local authorities to reduce the presence their presents around our property. We look forward to your return to our property in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my 3rd visit and I was not disappointed. I had a great time as usual. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. I appreciate that they extended the breakfast hours as well as offer breakfast bags to go. My only suggestion is to upgrade the towels.

1  Thank chocolatechip34
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Chocolatechip34,

Thank you for your review and for continuing to choose our property when you visit Virginia Beach. I’m pleased to hear you’ve taken notice to our recent improvements such as the extended breakfast hours and the breakfast-to-go bags we’ve been giving out to our guest who are on-the-go. As for the towels, I’m happy to report we have started the process of replacing them already. We look forward to your 4th Visit!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location, great view, friendly staff. Breakfast was nice but very crowded. lemon water in the lobby a nice refreshing touch. the beach wash off station in front of the hotel was not working but that is probably a city problem. We enjoyed the beach, rode our bikes, hopped on the bus to dinner at Rudee Inlet one night, walked the strip, watched the street entertainment, and fireworks show on the beach. Very nice get away for my husband and I.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

letstrvlmore,

Thank you for you review of our property. It sounds like you had a perfect beach vacation. Our hotel is centrally located which made it easy for you to access nearby restaurants, bike rentals, and watch the fireworks right from the hotel room. As for the rinse of station in front of our property, I apologize it was not working during your stay, the city was notified and it is now running properly.

Thank you again for your review! Our staff loves hearing stories from our guests, it not only makes us proud but motivates us to continue giving out the best service possible.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

There is nothing negative my family and I could say. This place was perfect for a much needed break away from reality. We checkin early, which is awesome, got unpacked, looked at the view, and hit the beach. The beach access is so convenient when you have little ones and seem to forgot something or need something. They gave us a coupon book which we used and ate out at Dough Boys (2 blocks away). Pool is awesome and hot tub as well. Yes its the beach and there was sand in it (due to guests jump in after the beach;this is not like the employees put sand in there) however they are proactive of getting it out to the best of their ability. (saw them 2 times cleaning, just that I noticed). Everything in the room was awesome. Kids loved the separate tv and space enough to lay your stuff out and walk around. View is breathtaking. Staff was awesome and know their way around which is great when you have a huge strip and wanna know what to do. I can't wait to go back!!! Kids are already planning our next trip and different things to do from the coupon book. :)

• Stayed: June 2013
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

LilliansMom08,

Thank you for a great review! I’m pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your escape to Virginia Beach. I will celebrate your positive comments with the staff. We look forward to serving you again next time you visit Virginia Beach!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a nice stay here ending the fourth of July week and into the weekend. As many have said, it is a nice property in a prime location.
Some pros: Walkable distance to anything on the strip, nice staff, bagged breakfast to go available, quiet rooms, free on-site parking, great ocean views!
Cons: thin towels, no hairdryer in the room (front desk?), room cleanliness was OK (balcony was rather sandy), very slow Wi-fi.
FYI, Because we were at the end of the hall, our room was usually one of the last cleaned and that was not until 2:00-4:00 which was difficult when planning to let our little one have nap time. Also, no one would ever guarantee we could have a pack and play available, even when we called the day before, yet when we arrived, one was in the room.
My last comment is a personal preference, but be advised....Yes, this property is in the middle of the strip, but I don't necessarily think this is a good thing. The busiest area of the strip includes all the typical cheap souvenir stores, restaurants and many small night clubs/bars, and their patrons, some of whom were offensive. I would have rather been further north (24th Street or higher) and away from some of this with my small kids. Again, just my preference...

Room Tip: all are ocean front!
1  Thank wndrwmn
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Wndrwmn,

I'm happy to hear you had a nice stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast-to-go bags we set out for our guest. It is a new idea we had and it seems to be working out gray with our guests! Yes, we have a great central location on the strip and I'm glad you saw you could walk to just about anywhere on the strip.

I apologize you did not have a hairdryer in your room (They are located in the closet). Had we known there wasn't one inside the room we would have brought one right up to you. Additionally, I see that you would have preferred housekeeping earlier in the day. In the future inform the staff you would like earlier housekeeping and we will do our best to accommodate you.

I appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of everything. However, I was surprised to learn that besides the $1242.48 that I paid for 5 days/4 nights that there was a required $20 per day hold for incidentals. During check-in I was told that they would only hold $20 additional for my entire stay because this policy was not in my reservation confirmation. Well to my surprise the total of $80 for incidentals were held. The room was clean. However, the guaranteed on-site parking was not always available. I had to park on the ramp of the parking garage. The continental breakfast was ok. The toilet wouldn't flush on two different days. So maintenance had to come twice. Cell phone service sucked! I couldn't make or receive calls or texts. The pool was dirty with hair and paper in the pool. The best part of the hotel was the staff. They were very nice & friendly.

1  Thank Brandy M
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Brandy M,

I apologize that it was not communicated to you about our hotel's incidentals policy. Like most hotels our property places an authorization for incidentals, it is then released back to you after check-out. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your room during your family vacation. Thank you for taking time to review our property. I will look into the issues you had during your stay. We will take the necessary steps to prevent similar occurrences in the future. We try our best to give our guests the best stay possible.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent helpful and courteous staff, beautiful oceanfront rooms/suites and full complimentary breakfast each morning. Excellent location close to everything. Great pool and fitness center. My family did not want to leave and look forward to returning to this hotel next summer.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with this beach location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Randy S, Front Desk Supervisor at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

VioletColumbia,

Our staff is delighted you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. I'm glad you found our staff helpful and you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and other amenities. Thank you for your great review. We are looking forward to having you and your family return!