Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
19 Atlantic Hotel(Virginia Beach)
Capes Hotel(Virginia Beach)
Dolphin Inn(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskindoor poolfree breakfastyogurtwould definitely stay here againking suiteoff seasonthe breakfast areaparking garageexercise roompull out sofaview from the balconybeach accessvirginia beach oceanfrontnice stayatlantic avehousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel was right on the beach which was the attraction for us - being able to walk out & into the ocean! The rooms were nice enough - basic amenities & a little sandy in the corners & on some of the furniture. The balconies were pleasant & had a nice view of the ocean. The pool would start out nice & clean every morning only to be filled with sand by the end of the day, so not very nice for an evening swim. Staff was generally pleasant and helpful - some very nice & friendly, and some a little stressed and over worked. The breakfast was very crowded on the weekend - difficult to find a place to sit, long lines for the food, ran out of some things...

Room Tip: While the view is nice on the upper floors, the elevators are incredibly slow - especially at busier times of day!
4  Thank Marji36
MTwiss, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you were not able to find seating during breakfast. I hope the next time your in Virginia Beach you decide to stay with us. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Clean hotel, VERY clean beach. Wonderful comfy bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Free parking for car was appreciated. Nice indoor pool. The breakfast gets very crowded if you wait until after 8 AM. The price seemed a little high to me ($300 for king room), but I think that was probably the going rate for beachfront. If you can do the price, I recommend this hotel in Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: We had a room with jacussi, but actually didn't use it. When you have the beach, who wants to be in your room? Boardwalk right outside the hotel is wonderful. As is bike lanes for bikes only. Boardwalk is nothing like Ocean City boardwalk (which is too crazy for me). All the beachy stores are on the street on the other side of the hotels which line the boardwalk, so you have no one "barking" at you to come into their store. Love that!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PittPair

Thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Fairfield Inn. It was a pleasure to serve you. I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking. We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you return the next time you visit Virginia Beach. Thank you for choosing Marriott and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was surprisingly pleased with our stay at VA beach this year. I stayed at The Comfort Inn at the beach last year, and Fairfield Inn was soooo much better! The rooms were clean, the front desk staff helpful, the employees friendly, room service was prompt and the location was perfect. The only negative was that there were too many people trying to take advantage of the free breakfast and the kitchen took a while refilling the food. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Katie S
Clarence S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time here. I also appreciate your feedback on your breakfast experience. We will make every effort to improve in that area.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am super picky when it comes to hotels and cleanliness. I am always a bit hesitant when booking a room, even after researching tripadvisor.com reviews. Almost all of the reviews for this hotel were postive and I liked the fact that the parking was on-site and not off in a garage a block or two away.
Thanks to Marriott points this hotel only cost us 30,000 points.
We arrived around 3pm, check-in was not until 4pm, but the courteous front desk employees greeted us and even asked if we had a floor preference. We chose the third floor and our room was #307. We were pleased with the lime/turquoise color scheme and decor of the lobby area, corridors and even our room.
The room was nice and cool on a hot summer day, which we appreciated. It did not have that stinky, old oceanfront musty hotel smell so many properties have. It smelled fresh and clean.
There were only a few minor issues that made it less than excellent. The beds seemed to have some sort of sheet over the duvet, which we were unsure of what the purpose was. On one of the beds it was stained yellow in one corner and a bit of mildew in the other corner. I immediately pulled these off of the beds and put them in a pile on the floor. The duvets looked clean and as I always do, I pulled back the duvet to inspect the sheets. (If there is a problem, I'd much rather find it from the start). The sheets were crisp and wrinkled in a good way. Wrinkled as if they had been freshly laundered and bagged up in plastic wrap, not wrinkled like someone else had used them. The beds were comfy, as were the pillows. The furniture seemed to be in decent condition, no worn look or broken pieces. However, there were several large black marks, possibly crayon, on the closet door and bathroom wallpaper. It made the room not seem so clean. A bit of scrubbing would probably have removed it.
The oceanfront view was perfect with two resin chairs and a small table on the balcony.
The a/c worked to perfection, but while sitting at the work desk I noticed how filthy the a/c and vents were with dust build up and food dropped in the slots. I overlooked the food, because without tweezers I don't know how you'd get it out. The dust, however, should have never been there at all-cleaning daily with a dust rag and changing of air filters should be routine housekeeping tasks.
I have read plenty of Virginia Beach hotel reviews complaining about the jets flying over from Oceana Naval Air Station. Yes, there were plenty of them and from 830am until about 1100pm. It seemed like at least every 20-30 minutes. They were very loud, I could hear them while I was blow drying my hair in the room with a/c fan going and tv on. I did not find it annoying, but many do.
The breakfast was typical hotel with assorted pastries, breads, cereals, yogurt, eggs, sausage links, potatoes and such. I did not sample, but it looked okay.
The bathroom was spacious with a large vanityand it appeared to be clean, but the shower curtain had mildew along the bottom of it.
We had overnighted to enjoy the beach the following day. I asked the front desk if there would be a problem leaving my car in the lot for a few hours after check-out time of 11am and would it be possible to have access to the lobby restrooms. The polite front desk employee told me that I could leave my vehicle there until 3pm and he would reswipe our keys to give us access to the lobby restrooms.
Should I ever need to stay oceanfront again while in Virginia Beach, I would book here without hesitation. The front desk staff was what every hotel chain should strive for, they were AWESOME! The overall appearance of the hotel was pleasing to the eye and looked well maintained and clean.

5  Thank kribbean

Thank you for your feedback! I have made note of all of the areas where we can improve. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

For its rank, I would expect more. Location: Great, right on Beach, basically middle of VB. See fireworks on Wednesday from your room. Breakfast: Fiasco – wait in long lines, usually out of everything by 8:00 and it only runs to 9:00 AM. People are on vacation, should run later. Coffee 24/7 but 2 of 3 were usually old and cold. Pools, not worth it, overwhelming chloride smell, very small poor ventilation. Recommend they add provision to open pool to outside, sliding doors or something when weather is good. Exercise room was a complete waste of time, only like two pieces of equipment and no privacy. Room showed its age, AC was filthy and had rust on base, electrical cords were all dirty, small fridge was nice, rooms are small and balcony was small, watch base of door or you’ll trip and/or stub your foot (every time). In general I will say Virginia has the poorest housekeeping I’ve ever experienced.

2  Thank Colorado6966

Thank you for your honest comments. We are actively working to improve customer service and your feedback is very important to us. In regrads to that we invite you to come back in the future to see how your comments helped us improve. Again, thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day.