3 people are viewing this hotel
$123
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$119
Hotels.com
$119
Priceline$119
FindHotel$119
Orbitz.com$119
All reviews front desk yogurt off season the breakfast area parking garage continental breakfast atlantic ave location was perfect nice stay breakfast staff the room was nice boardwalk balcony ocean microwave pros clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2007

I don't know when this hotel was built, but it still felt very new. After walking past some of the other hotels in the same price range, i was extremely happy of my decision to stay at the Fairfield.

I only have two negatives:
1) The staff member who checked me in. Other than taking my Credit Card and giving me my room key, she hardly said a word. I had to learn about the hotel amenities from another desk-clerk.
2) The continental breakfast was rather lame. Were those eggs? Is it worth advertising the fact that you serve waffles if they are just eggo waffles you pop in the toaster?

Other than the check-in process I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Kevin N
Reviewed September 25, 2007

On our first night here they had not put pillow cases on the pillows. We had called down to the front desk twice in a two hour period and still did not have pillow cases. We then went down to the front desk and told them that it had been 2 hours since our first call and still we didn't have pillow cases. They then came up right away and they also gave us a compimentary bag of goodies which included 2 sodas some candy bars, some health bars, a bag of popcorn and a free movie rental. And they took 10% off our first night stay.

They were more than accomadating after that. I had a great time at this hotel and would recomend it to anyone who wants a great view of the ocean.

5  Thank returnpost
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I chose this hotel because it was rated #1 on Tripadvisor, but I after staying there I can't believe it is #1. What is all the hype? There were so many other nice looking hotels and the service here was not so great. We had a few maintenance issues that took them several days to fix, we were only there for 4 days. The breakfast kept running out of things and we had to wait for them to be refilled, sometimes for 10 minutes. The coffee especially ran out early. It didn't have a shower in front of the property when coming from the beach, big negative. When asking for local advise or phone numbers, staff was clueless and gave inaccurate informatiom. We got charged incorreclty after our stay and had to deal with them crediting us. Granted the location on the beach is nice, but really, they need to change a few things before anyone would rate them #1. The other marriott properties and the Hilton is where I would look to stay next time.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mommyof2NewJersey
Reviewed September 10, 2007

This place was great and the staff was friendly. We had previously booked at another hotel, but had bad luck with them... we walked over to this place and they were able to help us with 3 nights, even when most places on the strip were booked. We ended up taking what we could get, which was a handicapped room on the first floor. The room was clean, and view was great, and the staff were great!

They would say good morning in the hallway and always have a smile on their face. They were a life saver and I will def. stay there again!!!

For everyone who said there was sand in the pool... No kidding, you are right off the beach, what else would you expect. We saw them cleaning the pool everday, so get over it

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank xfountaingrl
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Had a very nice 2-night stay at this hotel. My main consideration is cleanliness, and this hotel met my expectations. The lobby and rooms are decorated nicely and the continental breakfast was kept stocked and fresh. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The general "feel" of the hotel was clean and tidy--very friendly and happy families around. The hotel is not "brand spanking new" but can be considered "spanking new". A few signs of wear in carpets, etc. but the hotel was really sand-free considering the large number of people coming in from the beach. Great view of boardwalk (all rooms are oceanfront) and hotel is located on good part of strip. I noticed that the nicest shopping (i.e. less tacky shops) area of the strip seemed to be more to North end--the higher priced hotels and boutiques are there. But Fairfield hotel is definitely in a great, safe area. For attractions, I really recommend the Ruddee Flipper dolphin cruise/tour that you can sign up for at the Virginia Aquarium (only a few miles south of hotel). Saw tons of dolphins and staff was terrific. This was a highlight of our trip. Aquarium was wonderful, too.

6  Thank FrancesTraveler