“The pictures don't do it justice.”
other travelers have booked this property
Great place to relax and bbq on the grill.
You can't miss the red roof! Relax in the backyard - play a round of croquet!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Great place to relax and bbq on the grill.
You can't miss the red roof!
Relax in the backyard - play a round of croquet!
Ample parking for three cars.
Flamingo welcomes you at the entrance...
You will enter into the all-weather porch.
Set a spell, or enjoy your coffee and breakfast on the porch.
Welcome!
Dining area, looking out to the great room and all-weather porch
Sweet breakfast area for two the the bright kitchen
New smooth surface stove.
The kitchen is fully equipped and has basic spices, napkins and coffee filters.
Relax in the back yard.
Master bedroom #1.
Master bedroom #1.
Plenty of closet space in Master Bedroom #1. All linens are provided.
Bedroom #2 with full bed.
Bedroom #3: twin bed with trundle, and adjoining powder room. All linens are provided.
Bedroom #3 with twin and trundle. Books for all, and toys for children.
Bedroom #3 with twin and trundle bed. Adjoining powder room.
A relaxing seat has your name on it!
Lovely backyard. Relax and enjoy the picnic table for an outside supper.
The outside shower is super private and has hot and cold water. Perfect for much of the year!
Storage shed with everything you need for the beach, including a Wheeleez cart to carry beach items!
Sun and Sand! Just what you want at the beach! Flamingo Cottage has a cart, chairs and umbrella!
Flamingo Cottage awaits you!
Charming Flamingo Cottage!
Shady driveway with side entrance to house.
You'll recognize the red roof!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Javin007
Stafford, Virginia
“The pictures don't do it justice.”
Reviewed June 9, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We've rented a number of houses like this over the years, and by far, this was our favorite. To show I'm not just gushing for no reason, I'll start with the constructive criticisms: The single ply toilet paper. In the long run, I don't think you're saving money there anyway, since it takes two rolls to get the job done... The beds in the children's room could use a new mattress (beds in this room are also small for adults), and the shower liner in the main bathroom could stand to be replaced. Might need a knife sharpener for the kitchen, maybe? That's about as much as I can nit-pick here.

One thing I would change in the description is to point out that (at the time we read it) it said there was 1 bathroom. Yes, there's 1 FULL bathroom, but there's a bathroom with a toilet/sink in both the master bedroom and the children's room, while the other adult room is directly next to the main bathroom. Very handy set-up!

Now all the stuff I loved: The cottage isn't huge, but the spacious windowed deck, attached to a nice sitting room leaves plenty of room for games and relaxation. The decorations are comfortable, and homey, and the kitchen is fully stocked. Providing the linens and *plenty* of towels at no extra charge is fantastic. Then there's the little bonuses that shows that the owner really cares. You walk in to a hand written note, a lovely bottle of wine, and a local chocolate bar! I've never seen that before! Even the little things, like offering paper plates along with the dishes in case you don't want to wash the dishes. The walk to the beach is about one block, then through this lovely little wood-pathed trail that I actually wish was longer, it was so nice. Plus, you're far enough from the main drag that the beach isn't crowded. But back on the house: Windows! Lots of windows and skylights, and where have you ever rented that *provides the charcoal for the grill?* AC works perfectly (that's a biggie if you've not had the luck we've had elsewhere). And the place is *CLEAN*. Even the guest WiFi password makes you feel welcome! And can't believe I almost forgot to mention another biggie: There's a binder full of all the local info: Restaurant menus, and details of local things to do (even if it's raining). That binder was awesome!

Other renters could learn from this one!

Will without a doubt use the "Flamingo House" in the future. (And there's a reason it's called the "Flamingo House". I counted 94.)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of being a
Liked least: Early checkout.
Traveling group: Friends
Jun 11, 2015
Thank you all for leaving the cottage in pristine condition when you departed. It was so very thoughtful of you! Thank you, also, for taking the time for your criticisms and compliments.

I'd like to address the criticisms as feedback is important to me.
~I understand totally about the toilet paper. I don't use that as a measure to save money, but I like that each roll is individually wrapped. It just seems more sanitary.
~I missed the dirty shower curtain before your arrival and am disappointed that I did so. It was thrown away on Sunday afternoon after your departure, and replaced with the new one I had in the linen closet.
~I'm working on finding a new trundle bed and mattresses for the smallest bedroom - it's a hard order to fill, and the room is too tight for two single beds, unfortunately.
~A knife sharpener is a really great idea - one will go in this week!

Your review of Flamingo Cottage was generous and accurate. Thank you for your kind words. And, I had a nice chuckle that you counted the flamingos in the house - I've never done so, but always keep my eye out for new additions to the flock!

I look forward to your return.

My Best,
~Gretchen
Bill T
Rochester, New York
“Charming cottage, very well maintained”
Reviewed April 7, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We stayed here for a week’s vacation to get away from the brutal Northeast Winter for a bit. Its a small, charming cottage in a residential area on the North end of Virginia Beach away from the commercial district.

The location seemed perfect. Its a very short walk to the beach with good access and there are other attractions nearby. There’s a historic lighthouse at Fort Story, and a nearby state park with great walking trails.

The cottage itself was immaculate, well equipped, and everything worked perfectly. There’s a small but very functional kitchen, we like to cook rather than dining out all the time and we made good use of it.

The only nit I could pick was that the mattress on the double bed in the main bedroom was a little tired and my fussy back spoke to me about it a little.

Someone is really paying attention here, this was just a great rental. We’ll be back, I’m sure!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The neighborhood and the kitchen
Liked least: the somewhat work mattress on the main bed
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Jun 11, 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Flamingo Cottage! We work hard to maintain the cottage to very high standards and our hope is that folks feel at home when they are in residence. We look forward to your return!
Raj T
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Amazing home away from home”
Reviewed March 28, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The Flamingo Cottage beat all our expectations. The house is located in the quiet North area of VA beach only a block away from the beach. There is ample deck space as well as a a great glassed off patio. The first sitting area attached to the patio has sky lights with ample seating. The second is adjacent to an eating table with a TV. There is cable and internet. The bedrooms provide sleeping for 6. The kitchen has everything you would ever need.

Overall, the Flamingo Cottage was the best decision we could make for our trip to VA Beach. I would highly suggest if you make a trip down stay here. It rained the weekend we came down but the cottage provided a great space for an even better price. The owner responded within 24 hours which proved vital for my last minute decision trip.

Liked best: Everything
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 18-24
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 11, 2015
You did have some wet weather on your visit, but I'm happy you found Flamingo Cottage warm and welcoming. Thank you for the lovely review. I certainly look forward to your return.
James R...
“Beautiful cottage, super-helpful owner”
Reviewed January 21, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

The pictures don't do Flamingo Cottage justice. It's extremely neat, clean, well furnished, fully supplied, fun decor, and well laid-out! Everything was just so when we arrived.

The owner was incredibly polite and helpful both before our visit and afterward, when I needed to return to pick up an item I'd accidentally left behind.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decor and cleanliness
Liked least: Frankly, nothing. The entertainment center could use a DVD/Blu-Ray player, I guess (unless I missed it). I brought my own.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Jun 11, 2015
You all were wonderful guests and left Flamingo Cottage in pristine condition. Please come again anytime!
Lu B
Bunkerville, Nevada
“This cute little cottage was immaculate and was across the street from a very uncrowded beach.”
Reviewed November 3, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We have 3 daughters, one being a teenager and the others being younger, so the bedroom arrangements were perfect for us. There was a queen sized bed for our teen, in her own room and a single with a trundle in the other room, for the girls. The really nice thing was that each room had its own sink and toilet, very nice for girls! The property had a nice, private deck and backyard, and was literally a block from the beach! The house was very reasonably priced and very clean. We immediately felt very comfortable and at home there. The only thing we lacked was a DVD player, which we thought there would be, but we ended up finding movies on TV anyway. The kitchen is small, but not a problem as we only ate breakfast there. Though you could cook whatever you wanted, there was plenty of pans, dishes, anything you would need. Oh and my girls just loved the outdoor shower too!

Liked best: Hominess
Liked least: Small kitchen
Your age range 35-49
May 29, 2016
It is always wonderful to know when guests find Flamingo Cottage to perfectly suit their needs, and it sounds like that was the case this time. You are exactly right that the extra powder rooms are an extra nice feature so no one needs to fight over a bathroom, and every one has space to get ready in the morning. And the outside shower is the best! I hope you will return! My Best, ~Gretchen
GEORGE S
“WONDERFUL”
Reviewed October 29, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Great little place stones throw from the beach and excellent dinning places.My wife and I absolutely enjoyed the whole experience! There was more then enough room we could have envited friends but it was our time together alone :)

Your age range 65+
Jun 11, 2015
I hope you will return with friends in the future, now that you know that Flamingo Cottage is a gem. So glad you stayed! Thank you for the lovely review.
Rachel S
“Adorable cottage with plenty of room”
Reviewed September 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I recently organized a reunion for some girls I used to play ball with in college. We chose Flamingo cottage for our girls weekend and it was fantastic! We didn't need to worry about anything, everyone loved the place and felt right at home. It had great beach access and the backyard was perfect for lounging and playing a few games. there were 6 girls and the place had enough bathrooms (and hot water!) for us all to get ready to go out on Saturday night. It was a short cab ride to the bar and enough side streets for those of us who were up for some exercise! I would definitely come back here, I have nothing negative to say about this place. Gretchen was helpful and kind, we all had a great time!

Liked best: Charming and Homey
Liked least: neighbors are a little close
Traveling group: Friends
Jun 11, 2015
Flamingo Cottage is perfect for a Girls' Weekend Away! I'm pleased you all were comfortable, and able to enjoy what Virginia Beach has to offer. I hope you'll return!
My Best, ~Gretchen
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing