“Love this place! A great local spot.”
Review of Five 01 City Grill

Five 01 City Grill
Ranked #740 of 1,420 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mediterranean, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Love this place! A great local spot.”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Whether we sit at the bar and get happy hour specials, or get a table in the dining room, the food is always great. Their pizza is incredible and there are always several desserts offered that are always changing. (There's almost always two types of bread pudding - its amazing). We generally receive excellent service as well. I love this place!

1 Thank sarahannimal

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Locals favorite”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great bar atmosphere. Locals meeting locals. Service is friendly and spot on dinining room service and wine selections make it a great place to meet friends.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pat D
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

First time to the 501. Had heard good things. Nice decor. Big bar and decent sized dining area separate from
the bar. Big wine selection. We were a large party and too much for one server so service was slow. There is a regular menu and a tapas menu. Our server raved about the sirloin chili as their soup de jour. I tried it but it was just average at best. Not as good as the chili as Jason's Deli and other places. I also had a hamburger which was quite good. It came with fries that are served very crisp. Not to my liking but others at our table thought they were good. My wife had a salad which she liked a lot. One person ordered a petite filet and petite was the operative word as it was smaller than my burger. Another got a barbecue chicken pizza. Not my cup of tea but they enjoyed it. Dessert was shared by all. I'm not one for desserts at mealtime so I did not partake but others enjoyed it.

2 Thank Mrfiz
Wilson, North Carolina
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We ate at the Five 01 City Grill for the first time during the 2012 Neptune Festival at Virginia Beach. We ate both lunch and dinner there on separate days. They have a bar area in which the nose was very loud. The noise wasn’t bad during lunch, but for dinner it was still too much for me. We ate in the dining room for both meals. The food and the service were very good. We will probably go back (for lunch) the next time we are in Virginia Beach. If you haven’t been to Virginia Beach it is a great place to go and enjoy yourself.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank MB_and_Dave
virginia beach, virginia
“Delicous food”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The food was great. The atmospher was relaxing. It was always busy. The best to be seated was to make a resrevation even if it is only for one person. That is what I did. I was very pleased with what I saw and ate. To me the prices was good for what I go. This place is more for couples and adults only. I can't wait to go back. This time I am going to set in the bar area so I can what some t.v.

• Visited July 2012