“I HOP VIRGINIA BEACH”

Cuisines: Diner
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 2, 2017

On vacation in Virginia Beach and was looking for somewhere new and different to go for breakfast. All of the hot spot that were top rated on the things to do in Virginia Beach was packed and over rated. We saw a IHOP it was busy but we stopped to see the wait time. We were seated right away and the service and food was GREAT.
Words to the wise old stand by can beat hot spots any time.
Keep it up IHOP Virginia Beach

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 17, 2017

My wife’s two scrambled eggs and bacon arrived, it looked like someone had forgotten to scramble the second egg or they were robin eggs. When asked, the server said he was certain that there we two eggs on the plate, perhaps they should use smaller plates to make the order look larger. My pancakes were cold, and not at all “fluffy” as advertised, the omelet had all the ham at one end and the cheese at the other, rather than blended together. Unfortunately we were seated so that I was able to see into the kitchen, not a pretty site and perhaps a visit from the health authorities would be prudent.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I have visited here about three times and the food is good for my diet as I order egg white omlettes. Usually I can get three breakfasts out of one order from the 55 plus. Day one is the two pancakes, and days 2/3 are half the omlette each day. I just add a couple of extra ingredients to make it last.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 9, 2017

I was extremely disappointed in every aspect of this restaurant. The food took forever to get, the Country Omelette that is supposed to have ham... did not, the hostess offered a 10% discount to which I replied... "how about taking the whole thing off". After eating, it took forever to check out. The food was not good.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

They barley get a 3, but I'm tossing in a half for the great service and good tasting food served to my son. However, this store has issues I will elaborate on.

Location is awesome off VB Blvd just outside Town Center. Plenty of parking, it just may not be in front. The lot had trash, the walks had trash. My visit was on a Saturday mid morning.

Upon entering there was a short line with no hostess. I eat at IHOP often enough to know this never occurs. But it got worse as more came in. After almost 10 minutes we were seated. The dining room was maybe 70% full.

Our waitress was right on top of drinks and friendly. The dining room appeared clean and all tables bussed. The drink over hit quickly and food order was provided for son only, I had coffee.

Within 15-20 minutes food arrived. This was a respectable time frame in my opinion. My son got the 2/2/2 order of pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. He reported it all hot and good. His drink chocolate milk tasty. My coffee hot and adequate. A late check-in by our waitress, but she did check.

Our check was brought to the table and our waitress said she would run it. Protocol at IHOP is you take check to front, so obviously staffing was off. I like pay at the table.

So at the end my son was fed after swim practice and he reported food was fine. But service up front was a major issue for me, not to mention trash in the lot. Our server was fantastic! A 2.5 rounding up and hopefully a better visit next time.

Date of visit: January 2017