“New Chef :( New French Menu :(”

Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monte Restaurant & Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Cardinal Road
“New Chef :( New French Menu :(”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I had eaten here a couple of months ago and the food was great. We invited my son and girlfriend for dinner. We can't afford to do this often but we really enjoyed our last experience. First when we arrived our waitress was all over the place. Then the entire dinner menu had changed from Italian to French. We were all excited and ready for Itailian so this was very disappointing. We asked if there were any dinner specials, No they had none because they were just changing over the menu. Not a good excuse. Should hathe known the menu before they started serving it at $20.00 a plate. All four ordered something different and two of the four should have been sent back. Homemade lobster manicotti looked unappetizing and the pasta was over cooked. My Capellini Pomodoro with shrimp(unless you want two selections of fish as your seafood selection) that was pretty much it. Oh beside the awful lobster manicotti. No scallops anywhere was served a small portion or large for$20 I chose lg. I received a small mount of dry capellini with 6 med shrimp tucked inside with slices of artichokes capers tomatoes with a sprinkle of basil if there was a sauce the pasta had absorbed every bit of it. Spaghetti and meatballs again in the mood for good Italian he just settled for basic. The only complaint on the chicken dish was it was overcooked. Very disappointed was really looking forward to the great meal we had with the old chef and the old menu. Why change good things!

• Visited July 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The restaurant was used for my family for a wedding rehearsal dinner. It was set up for us upon arrival and the staff was exceedingly helpful, especially Ashley. They were ready for us and we were a party of about 30, that included a wheel chair and an individual with crutches. They were helpful in getting us all seated and somewhat apart from the main crowd. The restaurant is part of a store, which gives it a different atmosphere. It was comfortable. We had options for dinner before we arrived and all received what they ordered, they had gluten free options as well. The appetizers were wonderful and devoid of allergens. Service was efficient and friendly.

• Visited June 2013
Virginia Beach
“Very good early dinner”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was our first visit to Bella Monte. We had a Groupon for the restaurant. We made a reservation for 4:00 pm for a Thursday afternoon. We had the pick of the restaurant for seating. The atmosphere and decor was what you would expect from an Italian restaurant. Our server was very friendly and informative. She suggested wine choices, which were very good. We did not order appetizers but were brought some bread for dipping in the olive oil that was on the table. Many of the entrees sounded great. I was torn between the Quail and the Skate (similar to a Stingray). My husband was torn between the Sea Bream fish and the Skirt Steak dinner. I had the Skate and my husband had the Skirt Steak. The presentation of the dishes was great. I have never had Skate so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The guacomole and squash with the Skate was very good, great combination. My husbands skirt steak was tender and cooked medium well. He enjoyed his steak. For dessert we shared the cheesecake and the bread pudding. Both desserts were excellent. After dinner we browsed the market. The market has a huge selection of items, from kitchen supplies to a large variety of wines. There was also a deli and refrigerated prepared foods. We were informed of a special event on Wednesdays of wine and food tasting and there is live music played on the piano. Although the glasses of wine were a little pricey, for us, this was still a very good early dinner.

• Visited June 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice atmosphere, good food.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant that is part retail store (looked to be wines, fine foods, etc) and part restaurant. I sat at the bar (about six seats). They had a live pianist who played continuously for the hour I was there, and did a fine job singing as well. The music was not at all intrusive, just a nice background. The food is Italian fare, and I thought it was good. The bread before the meal was excellent. The bartender was personable, and I enjoyed conversing with him and the other patrons at the bar. All around a good experience.

• Visited April 2013
Virginia
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I visited for lunch today. The House Salad with crisp, fresh greens was topped with housemade croutons, feta, pine nuts, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and dressing of choice. Superb. The Italian Grinder was served hot with top notch meats and cheese on crusty Italian bread. The delightfully spicy, housemade cherry pepper relish sent this dish over-the-top in my book! Desserts are all great! Try the coconut cake!

• Visited April 2013