“A great place”

Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Montreal, Canada
“A great place”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This motel is very nice, we had a great time. It is super clean, and the room are nice decorated with all the facilities: phone, tv with cable, kitchen, nice bathroom with hair dryer, closet, etc. It is at 2 min to the beach, even less. There is a nice bar near by and nice and cheap restaurent. They have special price for winter, and it is very cheap for what it is. And the person who is at the welcome office it is very nice and always ready to help. I ready to come back here again!

Room Tip: Some room have kitchen ( microwave, fridge and sink), some dont have.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank charlottealice2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel looks a bit run down from the outside but the rooms are adequate. Tiled floor in room was undesireable. Staff was very accommodating and switched our room after the last person smoked in our non-smoking room.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms get a view of the Atlantic!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

BLUE INN is in the process of renovating. Room 110 right next to the rental office and by the pool was very satisfactory to me. It is equipped with full fridge & stove, micro-wave, plenty of cupboards. But as of then (sept 2013) no table & chairs, no dishes, pots & pans. It will come as the owner/manger (?) told me... He is somehow shy but helpful. Bathroom is renovated, good bedding, a block away from the beach.

Unit 110 ? Lot's of space. A good choice for a couple and even for a party of 4 when it's ready... Enquire before you go .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M A
Lynchburg
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We used to go to Blue Marlin many years ago. It started to become run down, so we stopped going. We recently found out that they had been sold and undergone major renovations. So, we decided to try it again. The rooms appeared to be clean. They have new furniture and the bathroom and floor was completely redone. Unfortunately, the beds had bed bugs. We didn't find this out until around 4:30AM when I work up feeling something bite me. We immediately got out of the bed and ripped off the sheets. We colllected the bugs in a cup. Threw everything that we had in plastic bags. The front desk manager was very nice and apologetic. They actually washed all of our clothes in their industrial washer. We didn't stay another night. We drove home. That evening I started to feel very sick. I woke up the next day with bug bites all over my body. I had an allergic reaction with over 350 bites/bumps. I wound up going to the doctor for a shot to help alleviate my symptoms. They reimbursed me for my hotel room, but not for my doctors visit or shot. So, buyer beware. Check your rooms thoroughly before bringing your luggage into a hotel room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank j4elmwood

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews, and my husband was ready to change hotels when I told him about some them, but we went wearily.
We were surprised, and happy we stuck with original plan.
I paid about 60.00 a night for a 3 night stay. I would say we got our money's worth.
The location is fantastic, the room was clean, and we had no issues.

For the money it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sugarmag13
Melrose, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were scheduled to arrive on a Monday and stay thru Saturday. At the last minute we decided we wanted to go a day earlier. Blue Marlin was able to accommodate us. We told them it would be a late arrival and they said no problem. We arrived at 1:30 a.m. and they were there waiting for us. The staff was amazing. They gave a us an oceanview room for the first night. We weren't suppose to check into our room with a kitchenette until Monday at 4. They said no problem. Come to the office any time after 11 a.m. and we will have the room ready for you. The room was very spacious with a large living area with 2 beds, large kitchen and good size bathroom. The floors were tile which was great because you weren't tracking sand and water onto carpet. Location shouldn't have been better. 7-Eleven right across the street. Restaurants all very close and the boardwalk 1-1/2 block walk. In addition, it is the center of the boardwalk where a lot is going on. Pool was very clean and quiet. I searched for hotels with what I was looking for for at least a week until I found the Blue Marlin. And for the price it sounded too good to be true. I'm glad we stayed!

Room Tip: Make sure you bring hangers and a clothesline as there are no closets in the rooms. Also, while the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Paradis1956
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Blue Marlin motel may look like a regular hotel, but its not. This place had gorgeous rooms for the price we paid. The pool was nice and crystal clear blue, and it was very much relaxing. The noise level was good, and it was peaceful. The room had a full kitchen, comfortable beds, and a nice big bathroom. It was a little less than a block away from the beach and shops, which I absolutely loved. I would defiantly go back when I plan a trip to Virginia Beach again.

Room Tip: Corner suite next to the pool, is the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family