“good location to beach!! (and McDonalds)”

Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Paterson, New Jersey
“good location to beach!! (and McDonalds)”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went to VA Beach with family for the weekend ( 13 y ,3y, & 2y,) !! we stayed in an efficiency room(with kitchenette)... The location was close to the beach (great) the accomedations(not so great) ,But it served its purpose a place to sleep and eat would have saved the exta cash on food because it's right next door to a verry busy McDonalds...and Our room was on that side!!! and I kept itching because I was tinking about a prev Review..( I did not see any bed bugs I checked very well) .the Kitchen was ok- there wasn't any dish detergent and the Pots , pans and silverwere were out dated (thin metal )...all in all spend the $$ for the Family and keep this for a Girls or Guys weekend!! OH and I couldnt get the free Wi-Fi they said was avail. even after I went to the front dest for help .....but i did get it fron McDonalds(LOL)

Room Tip: save $$ and get a Reg Room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingMom73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed Monday-Saturday June 27-Jul 2, 2011. There were 15 of us in 3 efficiency rooms. The rooms were perfect-Full Kitchen, water pressure was great, always hot water, there was a small in ground pool-great for kids, the location was great-it was a block and a half away from the ocean, it wasn't too noisy, the manager was very accomodating-in the one room the fridge wasnt really cold-it was switched out immediately, in another room the safe was locked and our kids started hitting the buttons an error came up and we couldn't get back in, the manager was there within 5 minutes...I dont understand the negative reviews, is this a 5 star hotel, no it's a budget motel with everything you need.

Room Tip: Our rooms were 304, 308, & 309
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JessNMikeDeem
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Just returned from a Memorial Day weekend visit to the Sundail Motel and for the price you couldn't beat the accomadations. My room was CLEAN and you could tell the kitchen counters and bathroom seemed realatively new. The dresser was old, but not in bad condtion. My room had a full kitchen which was nice to save a little money on meals. The people who worked the front desk and the hotel manager could not have been more helpful during our stay. Now if you're looking for a resort atmosphere in a plush swanky hotel this is probably not the place for you. But if you want a clean hotel, close to the beach (about 1.5 blocks) for a really good price you should check this place out.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank gidgetpsu1990
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Sundial Inn July 28 and July 29 2010. I have to say it was the absolute worst hotel I have stayed at hands down! We arrived at approximately 10:00 PM Wednesday, July 28 after traveling 4 hours. Upon arriving our 3 year old had to use the restroom and there was none in the lobby and the clerk refused to allow her to use the staff restroom. So, after rushing to our rooms to get to a bathroom we were appalled by what we found. The rooms smelled musty and smoky. The pillows were as flat as pancakes, there were no blankets just the top bedspreads that did not look or smell clean. The sheets were pilling. The telephone was absolutely filthy with some sort of yellow sticky matter all over the keys and various other unidentifiable debris. The bathtub had multiple cigarette burns on it and it just didn't seem clean. The soda vending machine was located out in the parking lot. Speaking of the parking lot, The Sundial rents out their parking lot to beach goers which leaves the less desirable parking spaces for hotel guests in the far or rear parking lot. Not too convenient when you have luggage to haul. Speaking of luggage to haul...the building we stayed in did not have an elevator so hauling our luggage up the stairs was not fun. On top of the less than desirable accommodations, the hotel staff was not friendly.

Please, just do a little investigating before committing to this hotel and don’t be deceived by the online photos which is the epitome of false advertisement!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kswain99
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I don't know why other reviewers have rated this motel so bad. Is it brand new? No. Are there lots of bells and whistles? Nope. Is it a clean, reasonably priced place to sleep? YES! Upon checking in, we were given our room key, and we took a look at our room. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean, we had the essentials, plastic cups and the run of the mill mini soaps. Bottom line is: if you don't want to spend a lot of money on your hotel, stay here. Don't expect a lot, go out and enjoy the beach!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times after trying many of the other hotels in the area and I don't think you'll find a better 3 star bargain. This hotel has always had the best rates around and is constantly being upgraded with fresh paint, new carpet, linens, free internet and good service. If you're looking for a 5 star with continental breakfast, you can spend at least twice as much elsewhere. There's a McDonalds right next door and it's towards the ocean which is a whole (1) block away! This is also one of the best locations on the oceanfront for shopping and entertainment being close by. Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Just think you been staying here for 12 days then when you return from work you are not allowed access to your room due to the key not working. You call the number on the door being the front office was closed and the person responds to your need to regain entry to your room by saying, "sorry no one can come." What would you do? Well I'll tell you what I had to do... I told the idiot I was going to call the police if he didn't re-due my key. At this point I was threatened to be put out, right then, and there 3:00 AM or so ( I work nite shift ). Lucky the police dispatch was on the phone when he started to be Mr. Big Shot, so I waited for the Virginia Beach Police to come. Mr. Big Shot made me a key and cowardly passed it to me through the door ( More humiliatition than humility on his part ) and about 30 seconds later the police arived. I greeted the officer and told him I just recieved the key even though I had two others that did not work. The officer sugested that if this sort of stuff was going on maybe it would better to consider another place to stay which I agree and strongly suggest to any one who reads this to be aware of the volutol nature this owner has with paying law abiding guests.
Also note there is a service coridor behind the wall where water services are (SINK & Tub Fixtures) if you have a screen vent looking thing in your bathroom you can see into the coridor I was able to see into the coridor which means one could be seen from the coridor !!!
Stay Aware My Friends