Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency
$157
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$167
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$241
$224
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$348
$235
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$161
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
$160
BestWestern.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$114
$214
Hampton.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
$229
$219
GardenInn.com
All reviewsmin walk to the beachroom was cleangreat central locationcan't beat the pricewould stay here againfamily vacationneptune festivalenjoyed my staystaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat roomcoffee makeressentialsoceanmicrowave
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Sundial Inn July 28 and July 29 2010. I have to say it was the absolute worst hotel I have stayed at hands down! We arrived at approximately 10:00 PM Wednesday, July 28 after traveling 4 hours. Upon arriving our 3 year old had to use the restroom and there was none in the lobby and the clerk refused to allow her to use the staff restroom. So, after rushing to our rooms to get to a bathroom we were appalled by what we found. The rooms smelled musty and smoky. The pillows were as flat as pancakes, there were no blankets just the top bedspreads that did not look or smell clean. The sheets were pilling. The telephone was absolutely filthy with some sort of yellow sticky matter all over the keys and various other unidentifiable debris. The bathtub had multiple cigarette burns on it and it just didn't seem clean. The soda vending machine was located out in the parking lot. Speaking of the parking lot, The Sundial rents out their parking lot to beach goers which leaves the less desirable parking spaces for hotel guests in the far or rear parking lot. Not too convenient when you have luggage to haul. Speaking of luggage to haul...the building we stayed in did not have an elevator so hauling our luggage up the stairs was not fun. On top of the less than desirable accommodations, the hotel staff was not friendly.

Please, just do a little investigating before committing to this hotel and don’t be deceived by the online photos which is the epitome of false advertisement!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank kswain99
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I don't know why other reviewers have rated this motel so bad. Is it brand new? No. Are there lots of bells and whistles? Nope. Is it a clean, reasonably priced place to sleep? YES! Upon checking in, we were given our room key, and we took a look at our room. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean, we had the essentials, plastic cups and the run of the mill mini soaps. Bottom line is: if you don't want to spend a lot of money on your hotel, stay here. Don't expect a lot, go out and enjoy the beach!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times after trying many of the other hotels in the area and I don't think you'll find a better 3 star bargain. This hotel has always had the best rates around and is constantly being upgraded with fresh paint, new carpet, linens, free internet and good service. If you're looking for a 5 star with continental breakfast, you can spend at least twice as much elsewhere. There's a McDonalds right next door and it's towards the ocean which is a whole (1) block away! This is also one of the best locations on the oceanfront for shopping and entertainment being close by. Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Just think you been staying here for 12 days then when you return from work you are not allowed access to your room due to the key not working. You call the number on the door being the front office was closed and the person responds to your need to regain entry to your room by saying, "sorry no one can come." What would you do? Well I'll tell you what I had to do... I told the idiot I was going to call the police if he didn't re-due my key. At this point I was threatened to be put out, right then, and there 3:00 AM or so ( I work nite shift ). Lucky the police dispatch was on the phone when he started to be Mr. Big Shot, so I waited for the Virginia Beach Police to come. Mr. Big Shot made me a key and cowardly passed it to me through the door ( More humiliatition than humility on his part ) and about 30 seconds later the police arived. I greeted the officer and told him I just recieved the key even though I had two others that did not work. The officer sugested that if this sort of stuff was going on maybe it would better to consider another place to stay which I agree and strongly suggest to any one who reads this to be aware of the volutol nature this owner has with paying law abiding guests.
Also note there is a service coridor behind the wall where water services are (SINK & Tub Fixtures) if you have a screen vent looking thing in your bathroom you can see into the coridor I was able to see into the coridor which means one could be seen from the coridor !!!
Stay Aware My Friends

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank VBBBB
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed in the hotel a few days ago. Needless to say, I live in virginia beach and my friend had came up for the weekend. I wanted to escape myself and when she came up, I knew she was going to stay in this hotel. I went to sleep only to wake up to many bites on my shoulders and ankles. Went to the doctor and they told me I had bed bugs. Please don't stay at the SunDial Motel, although it is a great location, the service is poor and they have bed bugs and God Knows what else in their rooms.

*** irginia Beach Native