“Typical Ruby Tuesday”

Ranked #424 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We enjoy this chain because it is one of the few places that have a salad bar and you can subsitute this for a side. I dislik that when you order a pricier meal like the ribs that you are unable to use the salad bar as a side - you have to pay extra. (what is up with that?). The food is good but I'm alway surprised at the cost since the servings aren't huge.

We visit this particular location alot because it is near our home. On our most recent visit there weren't many diners but there were alot of staff lined up against the back wall with obviously nothing to do. They danced, played with their phones, laughed and carried on. I think the only people actually working was our waitress and the bartender. I do think even if there is nothing to do wait staff should carry on in the back. Maybe the food wouldn't cost so much if they didn't have so many people they had to pay that were just standing around?

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had recently reviewed a newer Ruby Tuesday restaurant in the Lynnhaven shopping center Virginia Beach because of its location to a movie theater we frequent. The service there was exceptional. We returned to another location closer to our apartment to sample a new menu item they advertised. This experience, although OK was nothing exceptional. We both ordered the blackened tilapia - small portion and not too favorable. We would return - but not very impressed.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there 3 years ago. The food and service was excellent. The menu price was not the same as the receipt price. It was like they upped the price and then gave me the coupon discount. I should ask questions if it ever happens again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The kids love their kid chicken tender meal like no other. I like the salad bar. However I'm becoming annoyed that not one restaurant I've been to recently has french dressing.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stop by R.T.on way home.I can have a good meal,Hot and service by a frienly service.The drinks are cold.And on happy hour.But the wine is not off the cost.I can enjoy the salad bar.Then go shoping @ pembroke mall after a good meal to walk it off.