“Still the best!”
Review of Aldo's Ristorante

Aldo's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Aldo's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Aldo's Ristorante- Locally owned and operated is the Award winning Local's favorite for fine Italian Dining since 1988. Aldo's has a rich history of serving the highest quality Italian cuisine with the freshest ingredients. Aldo's is proud to offer our guests an extensive wine list that has won the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 1995. Come and enjoy lunch or dinner at Aldo's. We feature delicious food, wonderful wines, superb service and excellent value!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
“Still the best!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Aldo's remains the best restaurant in Virginia Beach. The wait staff is friendly and informative, the food is fantastic, and the wine list is unequaled in the region.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank PuckHowe

Allentown
“Great food... Bit pricy”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a good meal and did not disappoint. Our server was wonderful, drinks were great and food was delicious. My only complaint would be 39 for a dinner special and there was no steak or lobster in that dish is a little steep. Stay bar side ... Much better ambience. All in all good

• Visited August 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“A disappointing birthday celebration..and very uninspiring food...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Read the glowing reviews and decided to celebrate this evening...we had been there a few years ago when in town and were disappointed at that time, but we hoped it had improved? I reserved thru Open Table, and made a note that it was my birthday today, but no one who greeted us mentioned this.
We ordered drinks and water first...
Our waiter brought us my cocktail, which was fine, but my husband's red wine
filled about 1/3 or the glass!! very stingy pour for expensive wine. The waiter had asked us if we would like some freshly prepared focaccia bread to knosh on, so we
ordered some....watched the Pizza preparer make it so thought it would be excellent....what another disappointment..it was lukewarm, tough, and had no taste whatsoever...just like cardboard...no salt, no seasonings, nothing?? We have had spectacular Italian Focaccia at many restaurants...this was not good so we sent it back after a small bite, and the waiter brought us regular Italian bread, which also
was not up to par...fairly tasteless, but dipped it into Balsamic & oil to help.

The waiter was a bit brusque, and we found out when listening to another waiter that he forgot one of the special appetizers that we would have ordered!!

My husband ordered the Gazpacho which was a special of the day...very uninspiring flavor, with plain watery tomato juice, and a few lackluster chopped vegetables...mine is much better!! I had the Tomato with Mozzarella, and when I asked if they had the syrupy type of Balsamic, he said he could put a few squirts on but it would cost extra?? What???? it came out with a few squirts, and I was charged extra....there is no reason that Balsamic should cost extra!!!! I have always had this on a Caprese salad, and never charged Extra!! boo hiss...

My husband ordered the Pasta with clams, which was quite good....I ordered the
shrimp with a brandy lobster gorgonzola cream sauce over angel hair pasta,
which was just OK...I was not wowed enough to lick the sauce at the bottom of
the bowl...I took about half the dish home to "spice" it up...couldn't taste the brandy nor the gorgonzola????

AND....even though I had mentioned it was my birthday on this very day, it was not mentioned by the reception or by the waiter....a special dessert was not mentioned
or offered, and when we told the waiter we did not want to order dessert, he very hastily pulled our bill out of his apron, plopped it on the table, and walked away!!
$100. worth of disappointment.....

We were not happy with the service, most of the food, the prices, and my birthday celebration was not enjoyed....did we again visit this restaurant on an "Off" night?
We did notice that the tables were not filled at a time when most restaurants were packed, with a waiting line!!! So now I wonder, who exactly were writing the "glowing" reviews????

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bluemountain66
Deborah K, Owner at Aldo's Ristorante, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are sorry that you had a bad experience at Aldo's. We pride our restaurant of 26 years with serving the most delicious food available, but we are human. Please contact us directly at the restaurant so we may remedy your bad experience. Thank you for your business.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Local Italian at its best”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

While the entrees are good, it is the appetizers that knock us out.
The focaccia bread is the best of anywhere, especially dipped in olive oil. Serves two. A bit much for one.
The calamari appetizer is lightly breaded and tender. Works best for two. Could be a meal for one. After the first time I had it here, I cannot order it anywhere else.
If you do not have room for dessert, at least get something to go. Look in the cold case before you order your meal. The varied desserts are as good as they look.
Ask for the aglio sauce on your pasta. You will glad you did.
Service is always reliable. You will always leave full and happy.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank shindoni
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Elegant, yet friendly and local. The food is wonderful . . . the shrimp in gorgonzola cream sauce delicious! The appetizers great. Fresh, light sauces. Not a huge menu with beef, chicken and seafood choices but very gourmet selections. The perfect venue for a special occasion. They will treat you right.

• Visited July 2014