“Absolutely delicious evening meal”

Baker's Crust Artisan Kitchen
Ranked #81 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Baker's Crust opened its doors in October of 1993, in a 3000 square foot storefront, located in Hilltop North Shopping Center, about 3 miles away from the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. It has evolved from a self-service, 36-seat sandwich and breakfast spot to a full service restaurant, servicing breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week. At the heart of the business are the hearth-baked, European style artisan breads. Everything, including the breads, pastries and desserts, our Farm to table salads, Neapolitan Pizzas and Burgers are all made from scratch. Full service catering is also available.
Northern Wisconsin
“Absolutely delicious evening meal”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My wife and I stopped at Baker's Crust pretty much by accident while on a vacation trip through Va Beach and shared an evening meal that has been our best dinner on the entire trip. We had the "Shrimp and Crab Napoleon crepe" which we both agreed was wonderful. The cream sauce was one of those "I want to lick the plate clean" creations. We each could have eaten the whole thing by ourselves, but we generally share to (a) save money and (b) leave room for dessert. They have a large variety of desserts including a very interesting deep-dish apple pie, but we went for the large eclair. The remainder of the menu, including their pizzas, looked equally good but we can't vouch for them. The decor is nice, modern, and clean. The restaurant itself is located in a shopping mall about 2 miles from the beach area, but don't let that dissuade you. This place is far better than those schlocky places in the beach area. For the 2 of us, with the dessert and tip, the total was $33.

• Visited August 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere, good service, mediocre...”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Good atmosphere, good service, mediocre food. Food came out cold, server immediately corrected the problem but the food was still bland. Dessert was pretty but tasted flat and plain.

USA
“Always Great Food”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The eclairs are amazing. Favourite meals are the chicken and cheddar sandwich and the brisket. I have never been disappointed in the quality of the food. It is a bit noisy, and the service is hit or miss, but the food makes up for it.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“I'll regret not coming here more often”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I love the food at Baker's Crust, and their menu definitely has a wide great tasting selection. I just recently started eating here after living in Virginia Beach for almost 8 years, and sadly I'm moving out of state this weekend. I'm going to regret not eating here more often, but I'll definitely come back when I visit friends.

The only downside to the restaurant is that it can be pricey and Starbucks does better specialty coffee (for the same price though). All in all, I find myself craving Baker's Crust.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best chocolate cookies around! Nice little cafe feel type of restaurant.”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The best chocolate cookies around! Nice little cafe feel type of restaurant.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook