“Extraordinary Meal”

Swan Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Centerville Turnpike
Description: 'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.' The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My son and I had occasion to dine at the Swann Terrace on a rather ordinary Thursday night. The meal was anything but ordinary. We were first pleased with the lovely welcome we received from the hostess and wait staff. When we began to consider the menu, we were very pleased at the sense of place...many references and nods to traditional Virginia cuisine but with creativity and complexity. My son landed on the smoked strip steak and I chose the lamb chops. Both meals were unique and exceptional. The lamb chops were divine, especially paired with the coarse grits and succotash. We both began with the Ceasar salad which my son, a connoisseur of Ceasar salads declared as delicious. We also had excellent assistance with our wine selection, and landed on a well priced Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley. The desserts were also interesting and satisfying. The atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant. It was a perfect evening. We had a chance to compliment Chef Scott Simpson personally who was engaging and exhibited a joy in his work.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Eleanor788, I am extremely pleased to hear that your visit on an ordinary Thursday evening was anything but ordinary at the Swan Terrace. Our chefs take a great deal of pride in the menu that they have created and developed with the sincere desire to provide our guests with a culinary experience that tantalizes the senses. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you for dining with us and we truly hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I often enjoy the peaceful, safe, and quite surroundings, of this wonderful establishment. Recently it was for my 50th birthday. Every time we are here we enjoy a unique, elegant experience. Ondie, is simply the best, I can't say enough about the top notch service from all the staff, and Ondie. They really know how to make you feel special and at home. The Chief is superb, we have almost tried everything on the menu and it is all so very good, and the presentation is proof how much they care about quality.
We simply love going to the Swan Terrace. It's safe, elegant, reasonable, and the best food and service in the Hamtpon Roads Area. You just can't find service like this anywhere. Afterwords we always enjoy a walk around the Lake and gardens, so relaxing and peaceful.

Dear Mark M, first let me say happy belated 50th birthday and what an honor it was to have you join us on such a momentous occasion. I am thrilled to hear that your experience was unique and elegant and that Ondie was able to provide top notch service. It is at the core of our beliefs that every guest we take care of truly feels the genuine care and compassion from every staff member. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you again for joining us and we hope to take care of you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Service service is outstanding, the food is delicious, desserts are fab and its good healthy food....Love this place for brunch

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Comfort Z, thank you so much for taking the time and consideration to post your feedback. I am thrilled to hear how much you love our Sunday Brunch. We do our best to ensure that every guest who joins us has a fantastic time and leaves with the memory of how amazing our food is. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My friend and I attended Mouth Watering Monday and we were both completely blown away by the food and atmosphere. This event includes 7 courses and wine with each course. It is a fantastic value too - $40 per person! For the quality of food and wine was amazing. Barboursville Winery (Virginia) was the featured vineyard. The representative was so knowledgeable and wines delish! Executive Chef Scott Simpson was there for each course, explaining the food. Chef Simpson and his incredibly talented team of chefs made this night memorable! It was an experience I plan on attending again - so sign up for the next Mouth Watering Monday - first Monday of every month. You will not be disappointed!

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Robin D, it was a genuine pleasure to have you and your friend attend our most recent Mouth Watering Monday event. I am very pleased to hear how the both of you were completely blown away by the works of our master chefs as well as fun and exciting environment that we were able to create. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you so much for dining with us and we can wait to see you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I visited the Swan Terrace for dinner Saturday night with my wife. We had an excellent time and the food was absolutely amazing. Our food took a little longer to come out than we anticipated, but it turned out to be a good thing as this was a three course meal. Our server, Ondie, was a wonderful addition to our meal and kept my wife and I entertained while we waited for our food. She was professional, prompt, and courteous with just the right amount of humor mixed in to make our dinner an all around great experience. We will definitely be coming back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear eagleeye45, thank you so much for you valued feedback. I do apologize that the food took a little longer to come out then you expected, but am delighted to hear that it turned out to be a good thing as Ondie was able to entertain you and help make your night even more special. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon.