“Amazing dining experience!”

Swan Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Centerville Turnpike
Description: 'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.' The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace.
“Amazing dining experience!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stephen, the bar manager/waiter,catered to our every need including the need for a gluten-free menu. He enlisted the service of Jarrod the chef to help explain the gluten-free options. At the end of the meal Jarrod and Stephen the chef prepared a gluten-free dessert that was one of the best we have had in the 2 years that we have been gluten-free. I would highly recommend dining at this establishment the next time you are in the Virginia Beach area.

• Visited August 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
08Napa, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and comments. I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time dining with us. We make it our personal mission to ensure that we do our utmost to cater to every guest’s needs so that they have a very memorable experience. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Sunday Brunch is Wonderful”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to my first Sunday Brunch at the Swan Terrace Restaurant this past weekend. The amount of choices were amazing. Most restaurant brunch menus consist of individual items of both breakfast and lunch you order from a menu. This brunch buffet was the best value for a brunch I have seen. Choices seem unlimited including cooked to order crabcakes, omelets, waffles and pancakes, a seafood bar with oysters, shrimp, salmon among other items a breakfast station and a lunch station. You could arrive at noon and stay until 2 and not eat everything on the buffet. They also offer a mimosa or glass of champagne. If you are looking for a Sunday Brunch this is the place to go for good food, good service and good value.

• Visited July 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Paula R, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and feedback about our award winning Sunday Brunch. I am thrilled that you were able to find so many wonderful choices to choose from. Hopefully after making it through all of our breakfast and lunch items, you still had room for dessert. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa it was a pleasure having you dine with us and we certainly do hope to see you again in the near future.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, plentiful buffet breakfast”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Swan Terrace restaurant is a wonderful place to have breakfast. The buffet is especially nice. There is a nice variety of typical breakfast foods such as sausage, eggs, bacon, breads, fresh fruit, oatmeal and there is also an omelet chef to custom create a delicious omelet to your specifications! The atmosphere is open and the room is lovely.

Visited October 2012
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Ambrose L, thank you so much for you wonderful feedback about all of the amazing options that our breakfast buffet entails. We continually strive to provide our guests not only the freshest of products but also something for everyone. If you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, you would absolutely love our Sunday Brunch. We feature twice as much food as on our breakfast buffet and with the addition of not only an omelet station but also a pancake and waffle station, a carving station, and a crab cake station. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, we would love to see you again.
Cape Charles, Virginia
“Gourmet Fare At Swan Terrace Virginia Beach”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We attended the once a month "Mouthwatering Monday" seven course wine dinner at Swan Terrace Restaurant at the Founders Inn last week and all I can say is, "Wow". This is real gourmet fare; the wines were terrific and the value for the money is amazing. I think Swan Terrace is the best kept secret in Virginia Beach!

• Visited July 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Our Mouth Watering Monday’s are certainly a treat and I am so glad that you were able to come and experience our wonderful pairing of local American traditions with featured wines from here in the States. Thank you so much for your feedback; while I must say some secrets are worth sharing and I certainly hope you will share ours. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa, it was a pleasure to have you dine with us and we certainly hope to see you again soon.
“Yummy goodness”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

As I walked into the Swan terrace my sense were over come by all the delicious
smells and the band playing live music. My server Shannon was very attentive and pleasant(which is hard to come by). The food!!! I tried the lobster tail and it was out of this word, it was so full of flavor, just melt in your mouth delicious yummy goodness.The BBQ pork was good, but my heart was won over by the lobster. Not to say I didn't get seconds of BBQ pork. I am not a big fan of bread pudding, but this made my toes curls up and my eyes roll back in my head need I say more. I will definitely go back for more. Can't wait what's in store for my next visit!

• Visited July 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I am so thrilled to hear about how wonderful your experience was during our All American Cookout. What better way to celebrate Independence Day Eve then with great food, great service, and a live band. On behalf of the Swan Terrace at the Founders Inn and Spa I would love to invite you back to come and try our other signature events such as our award winning Sunday Brunch. We feature live music, action stations, a seafood bar with oysters, shrimp, smoked salmon, and fresh cooked crab cakes, and save room for our enormous dessert bar. Hope to see you soon.