“good but not a lot of seafood option”

Swan Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,559 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Centerville Turnpike
Description: 'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.' The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

for the restuarant to be in VAB there should be more seafood option on the menu. The options they had were good but i think if lobster/shrimp scallops etc was a option it would be great.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to the Swan Terrace, we appreciate you feedback as it helps us to continue improving our menu selection. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I went to the Swan Terrace for lunch. We had dined here for dinner several years ago and this was our first lunch experience. The buffet was well stocked with delicious options, including a variety of salads and desserts. All was excellently prepared and presented. The only reason I did not rate the Swan Terrace higher was the fact that the temperature of the buffet food was only warm. One has the option of ordering from a luncheon menu, but far and away the buffet is a much better value. The atmosphere is comfortably elegant and the service was excellent. I would not consider this a restaurant conducive for young children, but it is an excellent getaway for mom and dad.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for joining us at The Swan Terrace for lunch. We are pleased that you have returned and had an exceptional lunch experience. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went here because we seen a deal they were offering and needless to say we were impressed. Being from the south we decided to try the Southern Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer. OMG this items was considerable the best fried green tomatoes I have had from a restaurant. As a crab cake lover I was a bit scared to try the Chesapeake Blue Crab Cakes and I was not disappointed. We were shocked at the abundant amount of food on the plates as well as the grits and there favorable taste. A must try!!! I would recommend the Swan Terrance any day to anyone. It is a bit pricey but you are paying for excellent service.

Also service these days seems to be going downhill at a lot of places but our waiter STEVEN was GREAT!!! Please ask for him. Very nice, helpful and friendly young man that will make your experience truly enjoyable. I think the service he provided along with the food truly made this experience the joy that it was.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear patron,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your diner experience with us at the Swan Terrace. I will pass on your praises to Steven and the kitchen staff. Our staff works very hard and I appreciate you letting us know you were well served. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

A planned business meeting called for a nice quiet place for lunch this Monday noon so the Swan Terrace seemed a perfect choice. We were rewarded for our smart choice from the moment we arrived! Our service was beyond excellence and the food was outstanding. One generally does not expect a gastronomical win on an ordinary Monday...not so at this restaurant's buffet. The choices were superbly presented and offered remarkable variety. After I shared my delight regarding one of the unique and amazing creamed collards with our server, she even brought me a small container to take home as well! Now I am looking forward to dinner. I had forgotten how truly special this restaurant was for any meal. The atmosphere is lovely, service spectacular and food is truly inspired. Don't miss any opportunity to check it out!

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Helen B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us at the Swan Terrace. We hope to see you again very soon. We look forward to providing you with continued excellent service and outstanding food.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We took advantage of a midweek "couple's special": appetizer, two entrees, and appetizer for $38. Everything we ordered was over-salted --the lobster ravioli and the fairly awful olive-oil potatoes and the brisket (which was also burned). Our waiter was fine, but apparently not up to the chef's standards: The chef called across the room, "Server!" Not something you'd expect in a place trying to come across as classy. I even have to pan the patronage, all of whom were elderly, and one table in particular louding casting aspersions on President Obama, reminding us that this indeed is the deep South and the Founders' Inn is a "Religious Right" institution.

We have been there several times to eat and twice the food was excellent; the service always is.

FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Patron,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your latest visit to The Swan Terrace. I will speak to our Executive Chef regarding your experience. I hope you will consider honoring us with a second chance and provide us the opportunity to redeem your patronage.