“Super meals night and day”

Swan Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swan Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian, American, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Centerville Turnpike
Description: 'Fresh, local cuisine with a touch of Southern elegance.' The award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant takes guests on a sensory journey inspired by both regional and authentic Colonial dishes. The menu features locally grown fruits, vegetables and the freshest seafood as well as prime beef, lamb and pork prepared to perfection. Dine by the fireplace or alfresco on the lakeside terrace.
Seaford, Delaware
“Super meals night and day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Swan Terrace supplied several very high quality meals during a recent stay at the Founders Inn. One of the dinners had a most special flounder dish that was the nicest and most unique I have ever seen or tasted. A quite large piece of pan fried flounder on top of a absolutely incredible potato hash with side vegetables and some lobster. Even the lobster pieces were cooked to perfection. Another dinner later in the week was a 72 hour smoked brisket that was awesome. We also got to meet the executive chef, Scott, who thoroughly enjoys his work and working for Capella Group. I must note that the breakfasts, either served, or buffet were also very high quality. The staff also made you feel that you were making thei day complete when they greeted or said good bye. The room is also very nice and inviting. The fireplace added some warmth to the ambience too. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Patron,

I am glad that we could delight your pallet each time you dined at The Swan Terrace. Your high praise is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire staff. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Dinner-Dance Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We took advantage of a special fixed-price dinner dance being offered on a Sunday night recently. It was my husband's birthday so we got dressed up and headed out for a romantic evening. We started with an oysters rockefeller type appetizer and chose a delicious glass of wine. Dinner was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was appropriately attentive. Birthday dessert came with a decorated birthday message on his plate. The fire in the fireplace added to the ambiance. The chef came out and said hello. It was a memorable and delicious dinner!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sally M
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am delighted that we were able to help celebrate your husband’s birthday and make it memorable. Thank you for the kind words, and I will pass on your compliments to our staff. We look forward to hosting you again in the future for your next celebration.

Best Regards,
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“Wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I just had a very impressive dinner at the Swan Terrace Restaurant. There was a three course dinner special for $20. There were several options for each course. I had the blackened salmon and my husband had the beef brisket. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. My husband said that it was the best brisket that he has ever had. It was dining as it should be. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Swan Terrace Diner,

I am pleased that you joined us for dinner and had a wonderful experience. Our staff works very hard to ensure that your food is prepared to perfection and provide exceptional service. We are honored that you will return to the Swan Terrace and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,
Virginia
“Excellent Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

All I can say is the Sunday brunch was DELICIOUS! Be prepared to spend $$ for the Sunday brunch but it was well worth the money. Delicious, great variety, food was always hot and we even had complimentary mimosa's. The other restaurant in the Founder's Inn was excellent as well. The service in both restaurant were excellent. Will return!

Visited November 2012
FoundersInn, Manager at Swan Terrace Restaurant, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Good Afternoon,

The restaurant team and I are very happy that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch at Swan Terrace. We really think it is the perfect end to any weekend and hope you and your guests felt the same. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Thank you again.

Best Regards,
Pensacola, Florida
“30th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

For a special treat for my sister's 30th birthday I decided to take her to the Swan Terrace at Founders Inn for their 3 course dinner. First of all they treated us like royalty and made my sister feel like a Queen. The staff even wrote Happy 30th Birthday on the plate that my sister's dessert was presented on. She almost cried she was so touched by that moment. The entire evening was beyond anything I could have imagined. The dinner was exceptional especially for the price. I loved the salad I thought it was very creative and the macaroni and cheese is to die for. My sister enjoyed a fish entree and loved her cheesecake. I look forward to going back one day for a date night with my husband. I would recommend this place to anyone especially if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, etc.

• Visited November 2012
Good Afternoon,

We would like to wish you a very sincere Thank You for the recent review of Swan Terrace! We are truly delighted that your sister and guests enjoyed the Birthday celebration and are honored that you chose to spend it with us.
We are so glad you enjoyed your menu selections that evening, and hope to welcome you back soon to celebrate another special occasion with us!

Warmest Regards,