“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockside Seafood Market & Mrna

Dockside Seafood Market & Mrna
Ranked #35 of 1,406 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
York, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Like most of you on this site, I am a self described food snob. Dockside exceeded my expectations. I wasn't too sure at first, but, decided to give it a try since my hubby and sister were excited to give it a chance. We were also told by our concierge that the best restaurants in Virginia Beach were located on Shore Dr. We pulled in around 6PM. We walked in through the fish market, so, we scoped out the items in the fish case. They had a good selection of fresh seafood. In another cooler we spied items such as alligator meat, squid, and crabmeat. They also have a great selection of various wines. We rounded the corner into the restaurant area. Wow! Wood plank floors, large windows. Since the sun had just set, it was beautiful to see the colors on the water. This place has a cool vibe. Our party of seven was seated right away. We were in the dining area furthest from the bar which was nice since we have children. Great selection of beer, bar drinks, and seafood. We ordered a couple of the crabcake platters and three of us decided on the seafood platter. This included fish, shrimp, scallops, and a crabcake. We all had ours prepared broiled. This platter came with a very generous side of red potatoes and veggies. We were all impressed with the quality of the seafood and how it was prepared. No one likes overcooked seafood. They did a wonderful job with everything. We were thrilled. Crabcake platter came with a huge crabcake, fries, and slaw. Very yummy crabcakes! We also took home a creme brulee and a key lime cheesecake. We were all very happy with our experience at Dockside and will be returning on our next trip to Virginia Beach!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We go here almost every week in the "off season"! Great local restaurant with fresh, Huge portions! Love any blackened fish and the vegetable medley. Always fresh and delicious. Service is almost always excellent and friendly. They just added fish tacos to their specials and they are evry good at a great price!

Visited January 2013
VA Beach
“Good food terrible srvice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a great water front restaurant, away from the tourist crowd with right on the water outside dining. Last rip we had excellent Lynnhaven oyster on the half shell and I had the baked scallop appetizer (big enough to be an entree) and my wife a 1# lobster. Good selection of beers both draft and bottle. So far not just good but excellent. Then coems the bill. The menu only lists one type of oyster,. Eastern Shore. The check showed a price $2.a dozen more than the menu. We have eaten there multiple times and the last time also had the Lynnhaven oysters for which we paid the menu price as there was only one price for oysters listed. I simpiy questioned the price and was told that the Lynnhavens were more. We said we paid the same as menu price last visit. We were told "no you didn't'. Fascinating that she would be so sure. We know what we paid and then suggested that the menu show two different prices. The girl exploded at us. The most unprofessional waitress we've ever dealt with. the owner was present somewhere in the place but would not come to our table. Said he was leaving and that we could catch him on the way out. We couldn't be bpothered. i should have stiffed her but i didn't. This review will make up for that. Really sad when the place has as great a setting and food as good as it serves to have someone working there who gives it a black eye.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alphotodoc
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“The spot locals don't want you to know about”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Get a table outside on the dock. It's a great restaurant, market and wine shop. We live about three miles away and this is our place for fresh seafood to take home and cook, or to sit on the dock in the restaurant when we don't want to cook ourselves! Just a great casual place for good seafood.

1 Thank jwb7
Virginia
“Dockside a Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is my second time dining at Dockside Seafood Market and Marina. I was there the week before Hurricane Sand on this visit.. I was there a couple of years ago on a trip to Virginia Beach and looked forward to eating there again on this trip.
Again, for clarity, I am a 58 year old, professional woman who loves to travel and was meant to live in the Caribbean but I seem to be stuck in Virgnia, aw, I digress.
The wait staff was fine, no issues, this was the week before Hurricane Sandy hit and it's obviously not season in VA. Beach.but there were what appeared to be a lot of locals there on the evening I visited. We sat outside on the dock on the picnic benches as it was a nice evening.
I was with a friend that I travel with a lot. I ordered the nightly special, the rockfish and asked for it to be broiled. My friend ordered some sort of platter. We had no appetizers and no alcohol. The rockfish arrived and I swear it looked poached, not broiled. The french fries were lukewarm and not very tasty. I do have to say that I considered sending the fish back, something I rarely do but I did not. Later I wished that I had. It was perhaps the worst fish I've ever eaten or looked at. Slightly gray, like poached fish which I find disgusting.
I will not eat here again and am truly disappointed in Dockside. There are too many restaurants in VA Beach to choice from, try Big Sam's but that's another review which will be better.

• Visited October 2012