“Great Venue...but an amazing rip-off---LiveNation is the worst!!!!!”

Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach
Buffalo, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great Venue...but an amazing rip-off---LiveNation is the worst!!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went there for a 311 show.....great seats, lighting, sound....location is kind of remote...and not near the beach....$25 cab ride each way........Concession prices were an absolute rip-off....24 ounce cans of beer for 13 dollars and up.....5 dollar hot dogs....6 dollar bags of peanuts.....5 dollar pops...the list goes on and on......and the worst was I payed for a seat...and they were upgrading $10 lawn seats for $9....saving people $25 over what I payed for my seat...and they wouldn't give me anything...LiveNation is a corporate rip-off of the worst kind...I will never have anything to do with them again!!!!!

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful venue!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Amazing show, helpful, friendly ushers, and as far as parking and traffic leaving the show, I have never seen move so fluidly. We got in the car backed out of our spot, and never stopped moving. After the show, we were on the interstate in 6.5 minutes!! I was thoroughly impressed!

2 Thank Brandon S
Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Not too bad”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Came to this venue from Pennsylvania for the Backstreet Boys, Jesse McCartney, Pauly D concert and overall had a great experience. We arrived at 3 as we had VIP for Jesse McCartney and upon arrival parking was simple, check in was easy and pretty much everything was organized. The VIP event was just amazing and well put together (but that doesn't really pertain to the actual venue). After our VIP event we kind of just waited outside of the venue for about an hour or so as we didn't have too much time to leave and come back. It was a very rainy day which thankfully we had an umbrella and there were trees everywhere so not a huge deal. My biggest beef was as we were waiting outside for the gates to open (they were supposed to at 6) there were no vendors selling food or even just water. We could of gone in early with our vip but were waiting for another person in our party. We had nothing to eat or drink for several hours and they didn't open the gates until after 6 needless to say we were becoming cranky! Once in it was pretty easy to find food and everything else before the show. The bathrooms here are large so wait time is not horrible. The thing I was most worried about were the 55 seat rows since we were dead center but thankfully they make them wide enough that when everyone is standing, passing through is pretty easy. The show started on time and everything seemed pretty organized.I also liked although difficult in pouring rain that you have to show your ticket everytime because that ensures someone that spent less on their ticket doesn't get the seat beside you! Thankfully we were pretty close to stage and didn't have to endure the torrential down pour but I will say those that were back there were troopers the venue was packed! Overall had a great time and if there is a reason to come to VA for a concert again in the future I will be back.

1 Thank Becky626
Alexandria, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great venue, with all you expect from a Live Nation ownership (good and the bad)”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

First off, it's a concert venue, meaning that yes- the beers are going to be overpriced along with the t-shirts, there will be random insurance companies or banks handing out sunglasses or hats, and the food will be slightly soggy but does the job to soak up the $13 beer. With that said, it is an almost exact replica of Jiffy Lube Live up nearer to DC in Bristow, VA, except I will tell you this- it is FAR easier to get into than JLL.

We were here this past weekend for a Backstreet Boys concert (don't hate, it's nostalgia) and fortunately had amphitheater seats, as it was pouring rain. The staff did a great job of wet crowd management, who kept creeping up on the amphitheater seats as the weather got worse and worse. The acoustics from where we were in the back were great, though we had a bit of a hard time seeing the jumbo screens because of all of the foliage surrounding the theater. It's very nicely maintained there, though, and even the bathrooms were nice and clean. It's a bit of a hike to get there for me, living in Southern Maryland, but it really was an excellent venue, and even though we slid through the parking lot mud to get back to the car, it was efficiently and professionally run.

1 Thank Christine C