“Good chain restaurant”

Bahama Breeze Island Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bahama Breeze Island Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Bahamian, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good chain restaurant”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has by been open a couple of months, but the staff seems to have it together! This restaurant is much larger than it looks on the outside. It has a nice overhead door near the bar that allows for " outdoor" seating. Of course the outside faces the parking lot, so not much to look at. The menu is large and the waitress offered he opinion on what was popular. I decided on their signature dish of shrimp and grits. It was actually very good and the grits are cheese grits. I would definitely recommend it. My friend got the portobello sandwich. She said the cheese on it was a bit spicy and they put asparagus ( along with other veggies) on it. The asparagus was not good on it. I did get ice tea to drnk and t was very weak and was not good.

Visited August 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Bahama Breezes- Needed More Often!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My Mother & I decided to try this new restaurant out before a day of shopping for my Birthday. We arrived for a late lunch around 1pm on Monday, Aug 19'th. We were seated outside right away & I ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri w/ Malibu Coconut Rum- it was delicious! This is an old tried & true favorite of mine, & I've had one with so many meals, but this particular Daiquiri was one of (if not THE) best ones I've ever tasted. We ordered Crab-cake appetizers, & the waitress asked if we'd like them in bites instead of the stack that's on the menu. We said yes, thinking that bites would be more crispy than a full crab-cake. I'm picky about crab-cakes, having enjoyed them in both Baltimore & Ocean City, however, they were very good; very crispy, with plenty of crabmeat & very little filler. We both ordered the Coconut Shrimp. I LOVE Coconut Shrimp when it's done well, but again I'm very picky & was afraid this gamble wouldn't work out. I was very pleased! The Coconut Shrimp was cooked perfectly, crispy, & sweet. It came with a mango-relish on the side & a delicious pina-colada flavored dipping sauce. This was a very good meal, cooked perfectly, with a huge amount of flavor! We will definitely be back often.

virginia beach, va
“Maybe Not On Friday”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

In all fairness to Bahama Breeze, we had a group of 10 wanting to sit together and did not call ahead...still, we waited almost 2 hours to be seated so-- not so good. I think they will get a handle on it once the 'new resaurant in town honeymoon' is over. The staff was very pleasant and tried to be helpful -- sometimes you do have to think outside the box a little bit though - like a booth for 8 can be a table for 10 if you put chairs on each end. Rules may not be made to be broken but they can be bent a little. Anyway, the Happy Hour Sangria (red and white) for $4 was a big hit with our group. I'd like to say the place has a laid back island vibe but it was so dang crowded that that vibe was lost in the crowd. It COULD have a laid back vibe if they work the bugs out. I liked the St. Somewhere decor and background music. Our servers were pleasant and capable. Some of the food was really good - Firecracker Shrimp, for instance - and some just so-so -- my Pork and Plantains was a big disappointment to me. I wanted the deliciousness that I get in San Juan. The portions of the full dinners looked enormous and everyone ate as if they were enjoying their dinners. I will definitely go again but it will not be on Friday night for Happy Hour. I would like to sit on the patio in a relaxed atmoshere and listen to the steel band and pretend I'm on an island somewhere. Maybe next time it will be possible.

1 Thank vabchtraveler
va beach Beach, Virginia, USA
“Much improved. Will go back!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Me and my coworkers went to BB for happy hour. One of my coworkers had gone there when it first opened and did not have a good experience. Well,...this time was totally different. There was no wait when we arrived and the place was full of life and good energy. good music and polite staff. We got a good table and a great waitress, I think her name was Tyisha. The manager came around just to check if our visit was going okay. The appetizers were absolutely delicious! and huge! Great wings! we had the jerk wings, yum--my. We also had the coconut shrimp and onion rings.....All surpizingly large size for appetizers and the prices are reasonable too! oh i forgot the salad...also great size even for a side salad. I was thoroughly impressed. My coworker who had been there before agreed there had been a huge turnaround for the better! We'll be back!! For sure, well worth it... Keep up the good work.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“I went for happy hour and was left HAPPY for hours :)”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loving the atmosphere and the food/drinks suuuuperb! This was my first experience, so I decided to go during happy hour. From 4p to 6pm the appetizers are half off and they have drink specials for $4 and less. We only (mostly) ordered off the happy hour menu and enjoyed everything!! My only hiccup was the margarita on rocks too fruity...but the bahamarita super good! My friend tried the long island iced tea...not good either! Food: the pulled pork sliders, the lobster and shrimp quesadilla and habanero wings...yummy to our tummy!!! We sat outside and listened to the sounds of a one man band...he was great too!! He took requests and did a fab job! I will definitely return to taste more of the menu a few more WELL a lot more items caught my eye :) this is a keeper...great location as well