“Don't know what all the "hype" is about”

Black Angus Restaurant - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Conway, South Carolina, United States
“Don't know what all the "hype" is about”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Have been coming to Virginia Beach for years and decided to try Black Angus Restaurant for first time. Had heard rave reviews from people in the past. We were not impressed. Steak was chewy and a little dry . Seemed ok at first, flavor not too bad. The place is always packed w/people waiting outside. We were there early so no line. It started to fill up as we were leaving. After all the "hype" about how good the restaurant was, I was not impressed. I have had better steak at Outback or Texas Roadhouse, etc. Ruby Tuesday is my favorite place for steak. I will leave other opinions to other people. I don't know that I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jeanne J

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Service Slow, Food just ok”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I visited Black Angus on July 16th, and will not be returning. We arrived around 4:30 and were seated very quickly. We were told that they were out of french fries and sour cream. Now how could a steakhouse restaurant be out of basic staples? Anyway, while we were waiting for our appetizer, a woman, who was seated at a nearby table, screamed. There was a black bug crawling on her. Well, this of course made me have 2nd thoughts about being here. The bug went away, so I was ok to sit there, but was apprehensive. Our main meal came, which were steak filets, which were just ok, they were certainly not seasoned to perfection as everyone claimed. In the meantime, two other women were seated in our section. The black crunchy bug apeared crawling up the wall by them, which horrified them. I waived for the hostess to come to the table, and she killed the bug, and said it was a waterbug!! Our waitress, Miss Lesley, certainly did not do a good job waiting our table. She was extremely slow! I think she forgot we were there. We were there from 4:30 to 6:00 pm for a basic meal. She brought the desert cart to usat the end of the meal, we chose what we wanted, had to wait another 15 minutes until she brought it to us. She then gave us an incorrect bill. I will never go to this establishment again, nor would I recommend.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Traverse09
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“great deal,great food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

had a great steak at black angus. we had a coupon that we found in one of those beach books. buy one get one free. that was a great deal. the steak was very good, the service was good(go early) nice clean place

Visited July 2013
Plum, Pennsylvania
“Service slow, food good”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place looks like it is stuck in a 1960's time warp. They always put a coupon in the free tourist magazines which makes their meals affordable. The service was a little slow ( we almost got up and left) but the steaks tasted good when we finally got them. We always come here one night when we take a vacation to Virginia Beach.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Glennithy
Fishersville, Virginia
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

A great place to eat! Delicious food, great service (from Rebecca), nice atmosphere, very quiet, very accommodating. The owner comes around to each table to make sure your food is good and the servers are taking care of you. We eat here every time we go to VA Beach.

Visited July 2013