“Great for Romance”

Zoes Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Zoes Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Cypress
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband & I tried Zoe's for the first time on our wedding anniversary. There was a card on our table to welcome us & a rose on the way out. The food was excellent. The Strip Steak & Halibut were mouth-watering & delicious. The Blue Crab Mac & Cheese is one of the best things my mouth has ever eaten. We'll go back just for that :)

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

If you like tasty appetizers, fantastic steak, and fine wine, Zoes is the place for you. We enjoyed it so much the first time, we returned again. Our waiter made us feel special and made sure all of our needs were met. Their filet was the best I've ever had and would recommend it to anyone who loves steak. Overall Zoes is a great place to eat with mouthwatering selections.

2  Thank honest_reviews123
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We really enjoyed the food, service, and experience at Zoes. We love chatting with the sommelier, Mark. He asked us what we liked and don't in terms of wine, and then suggested a number of pairings based on our preferences relative to what we ordered. Mark had story and background for every wine and they were all spot on with the food. For my last pairing, Mark surprised us with an extra glass of wine (4 instead of just 3)...and these last two were something I have never even considered because of their price -- 1 came from a bottle retail around $70 and the other from a bottle retail around $180. All that for a $22 add-on fee for my chef tasting menu.

There are some reviews stating that Zoes is very expensive which it is in pure monetary value, but it is perfectly inline for a restaurant of this caliber (i.e. high end steakhouse) IMO. It is downright cheap if you think about what you can get for your money. The experience alone pay for itself.

One complaint, which frankly is to our benefit, is the dessert menu is not very exciting. Then again we had no room any way. :)

The dining room can get a bit loud so ask for a quiet corner ahead if you that's what you need.

1  Thank EdOverIp
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is one of those restaurants where you buy the steak and everything else is a side. My tiny filet mignon was very tender and perfectly cooked, but it came with only a single ice-cream cone sized scoop of mashed potatoes and nothing else. Seriously, would it break the bank to add a few spears of asparagus to the meal? I might cost the restaurant all of .50 cents extra.

The menu is very very limited. The wine by the glass was a very meager pour. I regret eating here when there were so many other good restaurants to try. I won't be back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great atmosphere, delicious steaks, incredible wines to choose from, and impeccable serves!
What more can I say!