“Pizza was 1 hour late - Mgr said it was free and charged me anyway”

Chicho's Pizza Express
Ranked #206 of 1,582 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a pizza for my wife and another couple for delivery on Friday August 4, 2017 at 8pm and was told it would be there in 40 minutes. We called after 50 minutes and a female told us it was on its way. I called again after 1 hour and 20 minutes. The same female said this time that the delivery driver just left with our order. I asked for a manager. I spoke with Miles, who was nice and would not allow me to cancel my order. He said it is on its way and that he would "Comp" the order. I thanked him and finally got our food and gave a nice tip to the driver (it wasn't the drivers fault). On Monday August 7, 2017, my wife called me and said our credit card was charge $31.00 from Chicho's. I called and spoke with a manager names James, he said he would speak with the general manager who name is Chuck, and with Miles who was supposed to not charge my card. I ended up calling several times throughout the week and though the people were nice. Nothing was done by Chichos to give me what I was promised and they never returned my calls. I always had to call them. I was born and raised here at the oceanfront and still live here. I will not be a customer of Chicho's again.
I have had to file a dispute with my credit card to get something done. I should have never had to spend so much of my time to get this resolved; so for that Chicho's can do without my business, as well as my friends and whoever will listen here on Trip Advisor. I am a highly rated member of Trip Advisor and always tell the truth.

1  Thank BigBrian21

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Bought a groupon voucher for 2 pizzas with wings. Asked if we can have one to go and the waitress said that the only way she can box a pizza is if there's a piece taken from it!
We ordered and we ended up with all the food at the same time! We were kinda hoping to get the wings first, then our pizza, but instead our little table had to backets of wings and 2 large pizzas!
Also ordered a pint of Guinness which I got in a can because apparently there were no pint glasses!
Pizza was excellent though.
Cheers

1  Thank leeloubme
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

.....you have GOT to eat here. The pizza was amazing!! For those that think pizza is pizza; you've never eaten here. Chicho's will 'enlighten' you as to what very good pizza is!!!

The wings with a dry rub of Old Bay Seasoning was AWESOME too!!!!!

Do yourself a favour -- enjoy the friendly staff & delicious pizza here!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were referred by a local and it the pizza was fabulous! Awesome flavor! Don't forget to get an order of the cheese breadsticks, they were great as well! Good atmosphere! Don't miss this one!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

If you aren't a single guy ordering drink after drink the servers will promptly forget you!

Decided on this location because of the proximity to our hotel (we didn't want to drive - but didn't want delivery!). After reading the reviews - we were impressed because there hadn't been a "terrible" review in almost 2 years! They looked fairly busy - so we gave them a chance.... Biggest mistake of our vacation...

6:23 p - got seated and ordered drinks - ours came out in Styrofoam cups while everyone else in teh restaurant was getting regular glasses.... ordered an appetizer of loaded cheese fries

6:43 p - tried to catch our server as our drinks were empty - promptly ignored

7:00 p - FINALLY caught another server for refills - insisted on taking our order. It seemed fairly simple to us.

Person 1 - buffalo chicken wrap
Person 2 - buffalo chicken wrap
Person 3 - calzone with ham, pepperoni, and pineapple
Person 4 - calzone with ham, pineapple, roasted garlic, mushrooms

7:15 - Appetizer finally came - almost an hour after we ordered it

7:27 - drinks needed refilling (again) - so we took the tops off of the cups since we couldn't get our servers attention

7:39 - server finally came to "apologize" as they weren't used to being that busy - it is OCEANFRONT in the SUMMER! Server did manage to notice that the guys in our party needed refills - but ignored the females.

7:48 - dinner finally comes out - server had NO idea of which calzone went to which person. So we attempted to figure it out - turns out one of them wasn't even meant for our table.

7:54 - the other two wraps were finally brought out! Determined that the calzones were wrong - asked for a manager - when I asked for a refill on my tea - since I had been ignored multiple times, she said I should have handed her my cup.

7:55 - manager came out and apologized - tried to say that they weren't that usually that busy - and offered to give us a comp. voucher for the next time we visited -

I am sorry there will NOT be a next time!

2  Thank Jennifer K