“Great pizza. Service was a little off”

Chicho's Pizza Express
Ranked #202 of 1,591 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Bought a groupon voucher for 2 pizzas with wings. Asked if we can have one to go and the waitress said that the only way she can box a pizza is if there's a piece taken from it!
We ordered and we ended up with all the food at the same time! We were kinda hoping to get the wings first, then our pizza, but instead our little table had to backets of wings and 2 large pizzas!
Also ordered a pint of Guinness which I got in a can because apparently there were no pint glasses!
Pizza was excellent though.
Cheers

1  Thank leeloubme

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

.....you have GOT to eat here. The pizza was amazing!! For those that think pizza is pizza; you've never eaten here. Chicho's will 'enlighten' you as to what very good pizza is!!!

The wings with a dry rub of Old Bay Seasoning was AWESOME too!!!!!

Do yourself a favour -- enjoy the friendly staff & delicious pizza here!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were referred by a local and it the pizza was fabulous! Awesome flavor! Don't forget to get an order of the cheese breadsticks, they were great as well! Good atmosphere! Don't miss this one!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

If you aren't a single guy ordering drink after drink the servers will promptly forget you!

Decided on this location because of the proximity to our hotel (we didn't want to drive - but didn't want delivery!). After reading the reviews - we were impressed because there hadn't been a "terrible" review in almost 2 years! They looked fairly busy - so we gave them a chance.... Biggest mistake of our vacation...

6:23 p - got seated and ordered drinks - ours came out in Styrofoam cups while everyone else in teh restaurant was getting regular glasses.... ordered an appetizer of loaded cheese fries

6:43 p - tried to catch our server as our drinks were empty - promptly ignored

7:00 p - FINALLY caught another server for refills - insisted on taking our order. It seemed fairly simple to us.

Person 1 - buffalo chicken wrap
Person 2 - buffalo chicken wrap
Person 3 - calzone with ham, pepperoni, and pineapple
Person 4 - calzone with ham, pineapple, roasted garlic, mushrooms

7:15 - Appetizer finally came - almost an hour after we ordered it

7:27 - drinks needed refilling (again) - so we took the tops off of the cups since we couldn't get our servers attention

7:39 - server finally came to "apologize" as they weren't used to being that busy - it is OCEANFRONT in the SUMMER! Server did manage to notice that the guys in our party needed refills - but ignored the females.

7:48 - dinner finally comes out - server had NO idea of which calzone went to which person. So we attempted to figure it out - turns out one of them wasn't even meant for our table.

7:54 - the other two wraps were finally brought out! Determined that the calzones were wrong - asked for a manager - when I asked for a refill on my tea - since I had been ignored multiple times, she said I should have handed her my cup.

7:55 - manager came out and apologized - tried to say that they weren't that usually that busy - and offered to give us a comp. voucher for the next time we visited -

I am sorry there will NOT be a next time!

2  Thank JenniferK4807
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

Chill restaurant with laid back soundtrack playing in the back ground . Ordered a large white pizza and fries . Pizza was pretty good but the fries where awful ! They tasted like they had freezer Burn and where under baked and clumped together . I believe the description on the menu said boardwalk style . Definitely not . Caught the happy hour before I left which was a good deal 2 dollar rails . Only other thing that Bum me out other then the fries was that they had a original street fighter 2 arcade machine ( pure nostalgia ) turned on but had a out of order sign on it Boo! . I would order the pizza again if it was staying close by . Oh forgot to add are server was fast and friendly.