“Great Place”

Rockafeller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockafeller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Winston Salem Ave
Transit: Catch the Wave to Rockafeller's on Virginia Beach's hybrid electric trolleys! Trolley stops are available up and down the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Simply take the trolley to the 5th Street stop, then you will have a short and pleasant walk down Winston Salem Avenue (note it is the same as 5th St.). This deadends into Rockafeller's parking lot.
Description: When visiting Rockafeller's, one of Virginia Beach's landmark seafood restaurants located on Rudee Inlet, customers can expect a casual atmosphere and a menu with endless options, featuring fresh local seafood, steaks, pasta, sandwiches, Sunday Brunch, three course early bird specials and more! Our chalkboard specials will provide you with the freshest fish and seafood offerings available in Virginia Beach. Don't forget that Rockafeller's award winning homemade desserts offer the perfect way to finish off your dining experience . While there they can also feel good knowing that by supporting Rockafeller's they are also supporting one of the first Virginia Green restaurants. Large parties are always welcome with private banquet facilities which can accommodate groups from 9 to 90. Please visit our website, www.rockafellers.com to see a complete edition of what we have. Rockafeller's is committed to great service, freshly prepared food and environmental excellence.
NYC
“Great Place”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent view. Great service and waiter. My Cajun prepared tuna was excellent. My wife's crab cakes were the best she ever had and she grow up near the ocean and orders crab cakes wherever we go. My only negatives, and these are mild negatives, are that you have to use valet parking if you want to use their lot, and the prices are high, but not really higher than you would expect.

1 Thank NycAlan

Germantown, Maryland
“Restaurant with a View, and that is about it!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited Rockafeller's Rest. in VA. Beach, for the first time with a group of friends this past weekend. The waiter was nice and efficient, but it was downhill with nothing but over priced food and mediocre quality! I ordered a scallop dinner and the portion of scallops was small. like 8 medium size scallops with potatoes for $ 22.00. I know, it's a resort town but I felt like for the price I paid the portion could have been reasonable. I think overall, the quality of the food was average, nothing to write home about. The A/C didn't work well either, but the waiter brought a portable fan in for our group. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to this tourist trap, it is in my opinion a waste of money. By the way, I tipped the valet parking dude, not very well as he had a bad attitude!

Martinsburg, Pennsylvania
“Nothing bad to say about this place!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

LOVED IT! It can be a little expensive, but the food was so fantastic, it was worth every penny and then some! Large portions for sure. I got my 2 yr old a "kids meal" and it was huge; it probably would have fed her for 4 meals, no joke... tons of shrimp and tons of fries!! Definitely somewhere you need to visit if you haven't done so already!

Falls Church VA
“What happened to the Rockafeller's we visited before?”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have to say that the first time we visited Rockafeller's, a little over a year ago, I rated the crab cakes at the top of the list of crab cakes I had had at restaurants. That is my go-to order for seafood places. They were full of lump crab, had very little filler and were very enjoyable. We went again last weekend for a special dinner and all four in our group were very disappointed in our meals. I found the crab cakes to be more filler than crab, lots of bread and lots of mayo. I couldn't say they were anything more than mediocre. What a disappointment. As we finished our meals, I did notice that no one was raving about their meals as they had the last visit. One diner had tuna steak which went from overcooked to raw in one piece of fish. The others had the trio and the other had a seafood meal which escapes me at the moment but as we each confessed to each other the next day, no one really enjoyed their meal and all were quite disappointed. Rockafeller's is by no means "cheap" but neither is it overly expensive. It was approximately $140 plus tax for four people's meals, three glasses of wine and one cocktail. Our waitress was good, not overly attentive but attentive enough that we weren't deserted but were bothered either. Of course, overlooking the bay is a lovely sight and the parking arrangements were very convenient and well done. Not sure that we will go back given this experience.

Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fantastic dinner, overlooking a quaint marina. Knowledgeable, pleasant, waitstaff. Great portions.
Great atmosphere...