“Scenic views, great food and drinks”

Rockafeller's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockafeller's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Winston Salem Ave
Transit: Catch the Wave to Rockafeller's on Virginia Beach's hybrid electric trolleys! Trolley stops are available up and down the Virginia Beach oceanfront. Simply take the trolley to the 5th Street stop, then you will have a short and pleasant walk down Winston Salem Avenue (note it is the same as 5th St.). This deadends into Rockafeller's parking lot.
Description: When visiting Rockafeller's, one of Virginia Beach's landmark family owned and operated seafood restaurants located on Rudee Inlet, customers can expect a casual atmosphere and a menu with endless options, featuring fresh local seafood, steaks, pasta, sandwiches, Sunday Brunch, three course early bird specials and more! Our chalkboard specials will provide you with the freshest fish and seafood offerings available in Virginia Beach. Don't forget that Rockafeller's award winning homemade desserts offer the perfect way to finish off your dining experience . While there they can also feel good knowing that by supporting Rockafeller's they are also supporting one of the first Virginia Green restaurants. Large parties are always welcome with private banquet facilities which can accommodate groups from 9 to 90. Rockafeller's is committed to great service, freshly prepared food and environmental excellence.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my first experience at Rockafeller's, but I definitely hope to return the next time I visit Virginia Beach. The interior of the restaurant is ocean/mermaid themed, but in a fun, kitschy-yet-tasteful way. The service was quick and friendly, portion sizes were large, and the food was excellent. My party ordered crab cakes, fish tacos, chicken fingers (one diner was not a seafood eater), an appetizer I didn't try and thus don't remember, iced tea, and a frozen drink called the Rockafeller Relaxer that was nothing short of amazing -- a tall, refreshing glass of peachy deliciousness, decked out with an orange slice, maraschino cherry, and some festive decorative elements (a sword through the cherry, and a long seahorse stirrer).

We watched paddle boarders and ducks paddle around while we ate and saw a couple of boats come in, and it stormed briefly during our meal. It was nice to watch the storm while we ate. The view was lovely. I definitely want to return to Rockafeller's. The next time I'll try to leave room for dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was in here last Thursday and I just wanted to say that the food and drinks were awesoe but I think what makes a good experience is service. All the staff was vey friendly and polite and our waitress (Joy) was absolutely wonderful! Its hard to find good customer service and she had it! I will definately be coming back soon!! :)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been going to Rockafeller's for years. I highly recommend the barbecue shrimp and Thursday night's lobster special. The server Joy is the best; I always request her. My drink is never empty and her attitude is always fun and engaging! Think I may head down thre again for their early bird special!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

i hadn't been to Rockafeller's since moving away from the beach many years ago. I visited recently while in town and was very pleased. The oysters rockefeller are some of the best I've had. But what makes this place stand out above others is the atmosphere and service. The view is beautiful overlooking the water. Our server was Joy and she was wonderful. She was very attentive and upbeat. My husband can be high maintenance and he never had to look for her; she was always checking on us. We will definitely be returning more often when we move back to the area.

1  Thank Jo M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant tonight for the second time and we were just as pleased as we were with the first one. We had a group of 13 people in our party including 5 people aged 6 and under. We made reservations for 5:00 and we were promptly seated in our own private and quiet area. Upon entering the facility we were warmly greeted with a genuine gentleman who I assume was the owner. Our orders were taken and arrived very quickly and the food was just as good as I remembered it being. The appetizers were plentiful and the meals were a great value for the money. The food was fresh, well presented, and delicious. The seats overlooked Rudee Bay and the scenic boats and docks. Our server was very prompt and patient and did his job very well. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great seafood meal off of the beaten path. You wont be disappointed eating here.