“Dedicated chef”
Review of Cobalt Grille

Cobalt Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Colonial
Transit: HRT stops in the Hilltop Shopping Center.
Description: Charming and Elegant Locals favorite established in '2000. Excellent cuisine using the freshest and local ingredients available. Private Dining Room also available.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Dedicated chef”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a neighborhood restaurant with a diversity of of dishes appealing from the basic to very sophisticated. It has Beef Wellington along with other entrees of equal quality, The desserts range from Basil ice cream to creme brulee. The wine selection is extensive and reasonably priced. The owner chef is constantly trying new dishes and the menu is constantly changing. It can be a place for a special event or just a great Saturday night.

• Visited May 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food, server was kind of rude”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The food was delicious, but our server spoke to us curtly and coldly. I misunderstood a question of hers, which she seemed to take personally. I did not leave with warm and fuzzies about Cobalt.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank VABemmy
Virginia Beach, VA
“Second Time - Still Fabulous”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Returned to Cobalt Grille last weekend after a year hiatus. After building up the place to my daughter, i was hoping CG would deliver another fabulous meal, and they did not disappoint. So they are located at the end of the strip mall and you hardly see them from the boulevard. No matter. The food is DELICIOUS: fresh, colorful, and more beautifully presented than I've seen anywhere in Hampton Roads.

We split a chopped salad and yellow fin tuna. The chopped salad was the lightest green thing I've ever eaten, even though it was piled high like a volcano on my plate. It was like eating mouthfuls of crunchy cloud with savory bits of bacon in a super light dressing. I ate all of my order and was lusting after my daughter's. The tuna steak was superbly prepared to medium, as we had requested it, and came in a crunchy seed casing that gave it an interesting textural twist. It was served over Thai noodles, I believe they were the chili style. The combination of flavors and textures was truly amazing.

Good service. A quiet booth with heavy velvelt draping at your back to provide privacy and intimacy. Low music. They have outdoor tables also, though they overlook a parking lot. I noticed, however, that because the weather was nice people chose al fresco just the same. I noted a fire pit for evenings.

I am looking forward to my third visit to CG. Oh, by the way, prices are very reasonable considering all the custom preparation they do for each dish. Tuna lunch, chop salad, one margarita, with tax, $36.

• Visited April 2014
Chesterfield, New Jersey
“Delicious food & excellent service”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I were both very impressed with our dinner here. My husband started with the mixed greens salad which was very fresh & perfectly dressed. I had the roasted tomato soup, which had excellent tomato flavor and a pleasant texture. We both had fish entrees from the regular menu & both the tuna & wild-caught salmon were fresh & the portions quite ample. We shared a dessert, a trio consisting of molasses cookies sandwiching vanilla ice cream, a rich chocolate brownie & chocolate chip creme brulee. Coffee was excellent. Service was friendly & efficient.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Heliopsis2014
Maryland
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

After a recommendation from a coworker I decided to check it out. Upon entering, the bar is nice with some exposed brick and ductwork. As you head to the back where seating is located it becomes clear that Cobalt isn't quite sure of its own identity. The mixture of colors, textures, glass and art dont mesh cohesively. The paper table clothes and music selection of obscure soft rock leave you confused as to what the intended atmosphere is supposed to me. The service was ok but nothing special. As for the food, it is much like the decor where there is a lack of clear direction and identity.