“Quality Food and Good Service”
Review of Cobalt Grille

Cobalt Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Cobalt Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Colonial
Transit: HRT stops in the Hilltop Shopping Center.
Description: Charming and Elegant Locals favorite established in '2000. Excellent cuisine using the freshest and local ingredients available. Private Dining Room also available.
Norfolk, Virginia
“Quality Food and Good Service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have dined here many times, both for lunch and dinner. Never disappointed. The service is prompt and courteous. The food, both on the menu and the specials, is very good. I frequently order the special because they are always appealing. The wine list is fairly extensive and will meet everyone's desires. The restaurant is nicely decorated and offers both table and more private booths. I would recommend for a special occasion, business lunch or just a night out.

• Visited February 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Twice is enough”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

First we went on Restaurant Week...had the filet and shrimp Napoleon.... how do you make filet mignon tough and stringy? (I don't generally complain about food, I just don't go back.) Then Valentine's evening.... I had the rack of lamb.... it was the preparation.... what a TOTAL waste good lamb.... I sprinkled a TINY amount of salt on it and the flavor TRIPLED. NO SEASONING!! NONE!! and nearly tasteless. I was taught how to do rack of lamb by a graduate of L'Academie d'Aix au Provence.... it couldn'y be simpler... I have family members who thought they hated lamb ask when I'm cooking it next.... My lamb: 9. Outback:5. Cobalt Grill: 1.5. We won't be back. Great service, though. The wine was a good value, though. We had the Zinfandel on the special wine list.

• Visited February 2013
“Cobalt Grille (SIMPLY AMAZING)”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Absolutely Fantastic!
The food is delicious. We attend Cobalt Grille alot on Tuesdays. Cobalt's hamburgers are incredible. From toppings to the bun it is worth every dollar! Gourmet does not describe how good the food is. All fresh product is used. I personally asked to see myself. It's is modestly priced averaging $16-24 a plate but you get what you pay for! I'm a critic of expensive restaurants however you receive top quality entree's. One small downside is you cant change much as far as the food. What it comes with, it comes with. Most of the time its no problem. Inside is hip and trendy. Waitresses are friendly I haven't had bad service yet! They can be very busy MAKE a reservation but on average it's not long of a wait for your food. I HIGHLY recommend Cobalt Grille!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Look closely,.your GPS isn't crazy. When you see this corner location, you'll see good things come in small packages. The front of Cobalt has room for outside dining. The inside is surprisingly roony.
The food is excellent. Try the salads. The Cesar salads, with grilled chicken is excellent. The wine list is good and you can find a spot for a romantic lunch or a business meeting

Visited January 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Too expensive and not very good”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Not my kind of place. This place was outrageously expensive when we went there and the food was definitely not worth the price! The atmosphere was the best part!