“wonderful...wonderful...wonderful!!!”

Ranked #8 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tautog's Restaurant is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entree's soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts...Served by the friendliest people in town. Sunday - Wednesday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 11:00 p.m. Thursday - Saturday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 11 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 1:00 a.m.
Berryville, Virginia
“wonderful...wonderful...wonderful!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I were in Portsmouth with one of his co-workers/brothers for the VPFF convention and wanted GOOD non-commercial seafood that isn't a "tourist trap" location. I happened to find this place. I am SO glad I did...the food was delicious!! I had the she crab soup and crab leg app while my husband had the flounder in a bag and our friend had the ginger tilapia. All our food was delicious!! Amazing food, excellent service, and a great price!!! We will definitely be back!! Thank you so very much!! Anyone not looking to get trapped by "all you can eat" I highly recommend this place. I promise if their portions can fill hungry firefighters it can fill your belly!! I only remember seeing one entree over $20 on the menu and that was steak!! Check them out!!

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Nice local gem”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful meal here. The people at the hotel recommended it and a couple of other local people we'd met said they go there for the food.The place is only open for dinner, starting at 5:30pm. We we the second couple lined up about 5:15 pm by the time it opened there was quite a lineup.
The food was tasty, well prepared and presented. The staff was very attentive without being intrusive. The dining is casual and the restaurant itself is pretty eclectic. We had oysters as an appetizer, split a large caesar salad, my wife had the scallops and I had the catfish. We finished it off with Key Lime pie. We were there for almost two hours, a very pleasant time.

“Wonderful selection”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This place had a wonderful seafood selection. Went here with two co-workers and we all had various seafood dishes. We also had the crab nachos which were over the top good. The place had an old time sea shore feel to it unlike some of the other places in VA beach. If we had more time we would have returned.

Visited May 2014
Eaton, Ohio
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

These are the same owners of Doc Taylors for breakfast/lunch. This restaurant is open only for dinner. They have also just purchased another place which is a bar. The service here is excellent. The servers have a good knowledge of the food and the beverage list. One night I just got carry out of a greek salad. This was a very large salad with lots of ingredients and the taste was great, all for under 10 dollars, minus tip. The second night I ate there I got crab cakes and grilled red potatoes. The servings were large and the taste was wonderful. I got key lime pie which they make there and it too was well worth trying. Total bill was under 20dollars, minus tip. Overall experience with this restaurant was wonderful. It is a little hard to find, it is in a house with a small sign that sits on the walkway. I saw many people do what I did which was walk on by looking for it. Just look for the crowds. It is a very popular place and you often have to wait, but it is well worth it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank travel4CEU
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good service and food.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My familys first time at Virginia beach and this restaurant rated very high so we decided to go here. About a half hour wait for a Friday evening so the kids played at the arcade a block away. The appetizers and meals were very good and Don provided excellent service. Really lively crowd late as a wedding party arrived...but still a good atmosphere between the restaurant and bar.