“Hate that I've lived here 2 years and I'm just now finding this place!”
Review of Tautogs Restaurant

Tautogs Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,459 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tautog's Restaurant is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entree's soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts...Served by the friendliest people in town. Sunday - Wednesday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 11:00 p.m. Thursday - Saturday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 11 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 1:00 a.m.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great Atmosphere inside a cozy historic house on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. Great Selection and I have to say the scallops may have been the best I've ever had! Great Service, Great Food...we will be back.

1  Thank golfnhunt J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We went to the place around 7:30, had to wait 20 minutes. We had drinks at the bar, great Cosmo!! We were seated before time quoted, hostess came to get us and we were promptly waited on. I had the stuffed flounder, wonderful! The food and atmosphere was great. We will go back when we return to Va. Beach!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We read the reviews and agree with all the positive ones. Had a great meal there on January 25th, 2014. We were worried about the crowd but got a table immediately and we arrived around 6p. It seemed to get really crowded after that. It was a bit tight in space but we enjoyed the coziness. We had Jesse as our waitress and had read how wonderful she was. I was happy to hear Jesse introduce herself and she was very much attentive, knowledgable and loves her job. We has seafood nachos, crab soup, scallop dinner and stuffed flounder in the bag. All was very delicious!!! Potatoes were great but some cheese and sour cream would have made them awesome. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Was taking my two 75 year old friends for an event--and decided to try this place that had been recommended by several people. I t was restaurant week--so the meal was a deal!
I could not have been MORE pleased! I had the rockfish which was perfectly prepared and paired with a great risotto accompanied by a beet sauce. The other dishes were excellent as well. I got a "garden salad" which I figured would be a blah thing with iceberg lettuce and a few veggies tossed in. It was great also---no iceberg! and was so big it was falling off the salad plate as I ate. Their dressing was excellent. I also had among the best clam chowder I ever had---so often the potatoes are overcooked and mushy--not here! was delish!
Finally, we had dessert and I had an apple dish with ice cream and caramel sauce. Generous serving (I was about to explode by this time!!! but I plodded on!) and perfectly prepared---apples were cooked but still al dente and was the perfect end to a great meal.
I recommend this place with 5 stars and I look forward to returning to try other things on the menu.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Had Rock Fish and it was great. The prices are fair for this high quality of a meal. The atmosphere is home town feel.