“Great Dinner!”

Ranked #8 of 1,452 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tautog's Restaurant is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entree's soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts...Served by the friendliest people in town. Sunday - Wednesday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 11:00 p.m. Thursday - Saturday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 11 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 1:00 a.m.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food and great service! I had the fish in the bag which was so yummy! Good selection of wine and beer and a great location. I will not miss this place on my next trip to Va Beach!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Fantastic service, prices and food, will definitely be a priority for dining next time we are at virginia beach, tuna special with raspberry bbq sauce yummy

1  Thank jamaicagirl13
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is our go to restaurant, one of our favorite VB local eateries when in the area. This trip I was dining alone on a Wednesday, not a weekend and was surprised how crowded it was and how impersonal and bad the service was, I will return but not solo. It was apparent the larger tables were calling the shots. Menu items are basic beach fare with a few signature items, you are much better served with a nightly special.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Quite simply the best place for seafood at the Oceanfront. Casual and friendly atmosphere well-suited to small groups and couples. The pride of this restaurant, however, is on the plates. Unfussy preparations of the solid offering of entrees. The chef and owner allow the quality of the ingredients speak for themselves. Stick to the local offerings and you will not be disappointed. Good wine list and a knowledgeable and friendly wait and bar staff make for a well-rounded, enjoyable dining experience. You really can't do better at the beach!

3  Thank louhatty
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was outstanding. I sat at the bar and the bsr manager made me feel right at home. The atmosphere was comfortable yet refined in its own way. I will be going back for sure. Go check it out.