“GO!”

Ranked #7 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tautog's Restaurant is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entree's soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts...Served by the friendliest people in town. Sunday - Wednesday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 11:00 p.m. Thursday - Saturday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 11 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 1:00 a.m.
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Excellent dinner. Piping hot and delicious crab soup, seared tuna with pilaf and brocolli, excellent key lime pie (yellow, not bright green). All around fantastic meal with excellent service. Highly recommend! Felt rushed because it's so busy, but that was me, not them. They did not rush me. Go eat at Tautogs and enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

CRAB NACHOS, CRAB NACHOS, CRAB NACHOS!!! By far the best appetizer I have ever had... Gotta have them while waiting for your table.

Restaurant is set in old cottage and be prepared to wait, because it is worth it. There are two small bar areas you can wait at, and Kenny makes a KILLER Long Island. Food was awesome and nothing is deep fried. Fresh seafood, great service, and very reasonably priced for the eclectic food and atmosphere.

A Foodie haven!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

this was a perfect dining experience after looking for a place to eat at 10.15 pm.

I am normally quite "grumpy", but can't find a single thing that was not great.

Truly perfect dishes
1) rockfish with jalapeno and pineaplenrisotto
2) shrimp scampi & brocoli
3) mussels in white wine

and deserts.

Coming back every time we are in town...

Roman, 2 adults + 2 kids

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Very good seafood, staff was great. If you don't want to wait 45 minutes + make reservations. I ordered scallops, they were fresh and delicious, my husband ordered rockfish he was very pleased. We have eaten at this restaurant a couple of times, and loved it. If you are looking for fried greasy seafood this isn't your place. I don't think they have anything fried. Fresh grilled, baked and sautéed seafood!!!' Yummy!!!!
Key lime pie was very good, we ordered a piece to go also!!!! Yummy

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend a weekend at the oceanfront. We found this restaurant on yelp and decided to try it. What a wonderful surprise. The atmosphere is cozy and upbeat. The staff were very friendly. And the seafood was absolutely delicious! My husband had the blackened tuna and she crab soup while I had the crab cakes. I tasted his soup and will definitely order it next time. Rich, creamy and tasty! I enjoyed the crab cakes... I can see why thy are famous! And my husband devoured his blackened tuna, I think this restaurant found it some regulars!

1  Thank NurseMel9