“Outstanding!”

Ranked #8 of 1,457 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tautog's Restaurant is a casual dining establishment featuring exceptional fish and seafood entree's soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts...Served by the friendliest people in town. Sunday - Wednesday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 11:00 p.m. Thursday - Saturday we serve dinner from 5:00 p.m. until 11 p.m., then offer a late night menu until 1:00 a.m.
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place was outstanding. My husband and I recommend the crab nachos. They were very very good! I had the tilapia and by husband had the flounder in a bag and they were both outstanding. The food was the best we had. The place was charming as it was an old house converted into a restaurant. We will make this place a stop for us every year. It is a must!

1  Thank KimandRob

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Went here on the first night stay based on recommendation from the hotel 30 minute wait great scallops and salmon, yet if you are hungry this is not the place to go since they only give one small side waitress was not that great quality food yet overpriced

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We walked to Tautogs for dinner on a Saturday night in July - 7:30 ish. We didn't have a reservation, but were seated (4 people) in about 20 minutes. I thought that was very reasonable based upon how busy it was.

Service was a little slow but not unbearably so based upon how busy the place was. Food was good. They have some more inventive dishes than many other places in the area. I had the special fish of the day. It was just OK in my opionion and I wished I had ordered something else. My husband had a steak, which was delicious. One of our friends also got the special fish liked it better than I did. The other got a shrimp pasta, which she liked.

It was very loud in the restaurant, which I don't mind as you didn't feel like anyone could hear your conversation.

Overall, it's definitely a little more expensive than other places, but I think the food warrants it. I would go back if I returned to the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Good food, okay prices but the service was so horribly slow! Waited 30 for a table and waited longer than that for the check.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband & I celebrated our 10th anniversary by having dinner at Tautog's while on vacation at Virginia Beach. I had the Wesley's World Famous crab cakes with roasted potatoes and my husband had the steak au poivre with roasted potatoes. While the food was very good, it was a little pricey since the meals do not come with a salad or bread. Also, this was a Tuesday night and the place was packed! There was so many differenct conversations going on that I almost couldn't hear myself think and that was after a 30-45 minute wait. If you don't mind the wait, noise or the extra cost, the food was really good.

1  Thank ChadnTammi