“good food, so-so service”

Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,420 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The local’s oceanfront favorite for fresh and local seafood, hand-made sushi, great service, rockin’ patio dining with fabulous views, easy access with free parking, and good times plus MahPalooza 7th Street stage entertainment in season.
Lancaster, Ohio
“good food, so-so service”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I went to Mahi Mah's for breakfast. The restaraunt has a view of the ocean and offers a good selection for breakfast. After our drink order was taken it took some time to receive them (soda and water). We asked for a minute to decide on our order but our server seemed to disappear. It was a good 5 minutes before he came back. Near the end of our meal I wanted a drink refill and, once again, didn't see our server. Another server, Shawn, came by and offered a refill. Shawn also later took care of our bill. Shawn seemed to be a very friendly and customer oriented server. The food was good and not too pricey.

• Visited February 2014
Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. I am very glad you were able to enjoy your breakfast but there is no excuses for poor service. We strive to have the best service team in Virginia Beach and I am truly disappointed you were not able to experience that. The problems have been addressed and I will assure you that the issues will not be ongoing. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reading, Pennsylvania
“We always find ourselves returning to MM's”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The seafood is always good and the atmosphere is in keeping with the seafood motif.
My only gripe is the parking. The service was good and the food was good. It is located right on the beach. We always seem to return to this place each time were in town since we're comfortable with this place and it is pretty consistent.

• Visited February 2014
Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. I really hope you enjoyed your trip to Virginia Beach. Thank you for making Mahi Mah's a part of your visit. I hope you continue the Mahi Mah's tradition next time you are in town. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

Virginia
“Great Sushi Again!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Third year in a row I have visited Mahi Mahi during a business meeting. The staff was friendly and engaging at the sushi bar and my waiter could not have been nicer and more efficient. I had the rainbow roll which was very good and a great way to test several different types of fish. Good stuff keep it up in hope to visit again before I leave Saturday !

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. I hope your business trip was successful and I hope the time spent at Mahi Mah's felt more like a vacation than a business trip. We hope to see you again next time you are in town and thank you again for the great review.

“Great experience!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here on a Saturday night and loved the atmosphere. The view was spectacular (right on the beach), dining room cozy with a fireplace, had great service, and the food was excellent. My husband had the fried landliner platter & I had the butter poached lobster tail over rosotto. The rosotto was the best that I have had anywhere, it was to die for. Also, my husband's meal was awesome. We tried a strawberry/blueberry cobbler for dessert which was excellent. We took our time and probably spent a good two hours here and just enjoyed it without feeling rushed. Our server was amazing. Can't wait to have the opportunity to return. Highly recommended!!

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for the great 5 star review on Trip Advisor. We strive to be the best restaurant at the beach so it is great to get such positive feedback. I will be sure to pass the compliments along to the rest of the staff. Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you very soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful food - good bar scene”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been here many times over the last seven years and this restaurant has been a consistent favorite. Even in the winter months there is an interesting crowd here and it gets rowdy in the summer. I've never had a bad meal here and recommend the shrimp and grits and nachos. The Crush drinks are also a sneaky way to get drunk.

Also: Kudos to you for being open during "Snowmageddon" 2014!

Gold Key P, Manager at Mahi Mah's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on being the best restaurant at the beach so it is great to get such positive feedback. Please continue to visit us on a regular basis and be sure to take advantage of our happy hour from 3-6pm everyday! Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you soon.