“Vegetarian meals better than the seafood”

Waterman's Surfside Grille
Ranked #17 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Waterman's Surfside Grille captures a slice of coastal living for the true flavor of Virginia Beach! Family owned and operated since 1981, Waterman's serves only the freshest seafood, steaks, and ribs. Serving lunch and dinner daily and brunch on Sundays, we offer indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the ocean, as well as a patio boardwalk bar. It's not a trip to Waterman's without a taste of our signature She Crab Soup and Original Orange Crush cocktail!
Reviewed August 16, 2013

With two vegetarians in the family, it's usually a struggle to find a seafood restaurant where we can all eat. Waterman's proved to have an excellent vegetarian pesto pasta for the grown-up and mac and cheese for the kid. The Just Seafood dinner, however, was somewhat of a disappointment. For the price, it was a smallish portion, but the small bits of shell in the crabmeat rendered 1/3 of the seafood inedible. When I pointed it out to the server, she left to speak to the manager and then came back for my plate of shells I had spit out to prove it to the manager - who never did come out to apologize to me in person, but apparently okayed a 35% reduction in the cost of the entree. No one asked if I wanted anything to replace it. The mashed potatoes were really good, and fortunately, my husband shared his yummy pesto pasta.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,874)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Liked:
Crush drinks
Loved the crab cakes.

Everything else was overpriced and average. Spent close to $200 for a family of 6. Three kids less than 7. Yikes on the cost.

1  Thank MadTown_13
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went every night and had the orange crushes and watched sports games. The hush puppies and food was excellent. Bartenders are outstanding!

1  Thank sandiebe_12
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A fisherman recommended Waterman's to my husband so we tried it out. Couldn't even begin to finish the meal. Seafood tough, overcooked. Filled up on rolls, which was the only good thing coming out of that kitchen. No alcohol in drinks either. Sat outside, which was fine, until we saw the huge spider in the shrubs right next to us. Left hungry and in search of a pizza joint.

3  Thank VDubG
Reviewed August 9, 2013

my husband and I visited waterman's surfside grille in july to celebrate our anniversary
we walked to the restaurant on the boardwalk and enjoyed the food, service, atmosphere.
the wait was rather lengthy(45 mins.). we ordered the house special, and the orange
drink all was delicious, that we return another evening for delicious food, smiles and
will retrun on our next visit to Virginia beach.

1  Thank louise h