“Repeat visit was a good one!”

Waterman's Surfside Grille
Ranked #5 of 1,464 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Waterman's Surfside Grille captures a slice of coastal living for the true flavor of Virginia Beach! Family owned and operated since 1981, Waterman's serves only the freshest seafood, steaks, and ribs. Serving lunch and dinner daily and brunch on Sundays, we offer indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the ocean, as well as a patio boardwalk bar. It's not a trip to Waterman's without a taste of our signature She Crab Soup and Original Orange Crush cocktail!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Pulled up to Waterman's valet parking - went in and before I could finish my first Orange Crush our table of 6 was seated!

Seated against the windows facing the beach and had a very good meal. Some highlights; crab cakes were excellent, grilled chix sandwich were good, half rack of ribs were devoured and the blackened tuna was excellent.

For the foodies out there - know what you are getting into - a TOURIST hot spot with long waits times normally - but even us locals like to venture down to 3rd street for a CRUSH and some good food!

1  Thank IrvingtonVirginia
Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this place online and we decided to try it on a Saturday night about 7ish. We waited a hour and 20-25 minutes, and would do it again x 10! The food was wonderful, the staff - from the hostess to the waiter and manager were all very friendly. The atmosphere was loud but we didn't mind that at all. We are from Houston and have never had crab cakes like these, all meat no stuffing. I would have loved to gone during the day and enjoyed the view by the windows overlooking the beach. A bit pricey, but for a seafood establishment with food this good, it's worth every penny.

1  Thank rojasclan
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Driving around looking for somewhere to eat, we came across Waterman's. Greeted by valet parking, and seated right away (all but 5pm) we were already impressed before we even ate.
The view, the décor, and the atmosphere is wonderful! We dined inside, but there is outdoor seating available.
I had crab soup and crab cakes; and my husband how the seafood platter. We both were very happy and satisfied. Both had alcoholic drinks (the orange crush, and the some passion fruit crush) and the kids had home-made mac-n-cheese and cheeseburgers. Spent $115.35 including tip and tax, but it was so worth it!

1  Thank Christina B
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was not our first trip here so we expected the wait to get in. The food is fairly expensive for what you get. i tried to order the special, but at 6:30 it was already not available. I changed to the broiled seafood meal and was disappointed. it was very greasy, loaded with butter. I asked for rice instead of mashed potatoes, but my plate came with the potatoes anyway and then a side of rice. My kids had fried crab cake sandwiches. they were very fried. the fried calamari appetizer and loaded fries were pretty good. I just expected more from this restaurant as our past experiences were much better. We went back two weeks later for dessert and drinks after a concert. My husband had to send his "signature" drink back because it tasted like pure vodka. My supposedly very special margarita was just fine, but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

myself an my family had a great meal. service was great.
the crabcakes are very good. can get very busy so allow some extra time.

1  Thank RYAN273