“Try the crab cakes”

Waterman's Surfside Grille
Ranked #5 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Description: Waterman's Surfside Grille captures a slice of coastal living for the true flavor of Virginia Beach! Family owned and operated since 1981, Waterman's serves only the freshest seafood, steaks, and ribs. Serving lunch and dinner daily and brunch on Sundays, we offer indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the ocean, as well as a patio boardwalk bar. It's not a trip to Waterman's without a taste of our signature She Crab Soup and Original Orange Crush cocktail!
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Try the crab cakes”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The place is located right on the boardwalk at 5th and Atlantic ave. they have outdoor seating and a bar outside so it makes for a nice atmosphere if you sit outside. I had the crab cake dinner served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The crab cakes are really good...they're all meat with no bread crumb fillers. They are dusted with a blend of seasonings some may find a little on the spicy side but by no means burns your mouth. I really enjoyed them. My husband had a grilled chicken Cesar salad for dinner. They put lots of chicken in it so it was definitely filling as a dinner even for a man. We went on a wednesday around 7:30 and had to wait 40 mins for a table. I'd recommend going earlier to avoid the rush, calling ahead, or going after 8. By 8:00 the wait list which pretty much depleted.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gina110705

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Smithtown, New York
“The Best Meal of the Week!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Waterman's has excellent food and service. They were so accommodating to our 22 month old who didn't want to sit. The restaurant manager saw I needed assistance and quickly made a bowl of ice cream for our son so we could enjoy the rest of our fantastic meal.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AMJ_Always_Traveling
Virginia
“Yummy fish taco's”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed one of their signature drinks (cant recall the name orange juice based). Our tossed salads were very pretty and tasted just as good. We shared an order of blackened tuna taco's which were very good. Would certainly go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jebarb
Yokohama, Japan
“Wedding”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a beach wedding and the Waterman's did our reception! Beautiful views, food top notch and service was handled professionally! This actually four years ago! But I can only choose this year or last summer as my last visit. Have been there many times since. Great dirty martinis too!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank pyaw74
Stephens City, Virginia
“The crab ripper”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We come to VA Beach once a year. This year from Waterman's I decided to try the crab ripper and hush puppies. I have had the puppies several times but this was a first for the ripper. This is an excellent sandwich to try. I had to get the order to go as we were staying across the street.

• Visited June 2013