“The food was bland, boring, and not worth the expense!”
Review of Jewish Mother hilltop - CLOSED

Jewish Mother hilltop
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Germantown, Maryland
“The food was bland, boring, and not worth the expense!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time in VA Beach, and our waitress was super nice. Everything was down hill from that point. The food was boring and unimaginative, under seasoned, and just not satisfying by any means! I expected better quality for the price this place charges! I have to laugh when I read the reviews about this place, contrary to what other people have said about Mother's, it's a rip off in my opinion! Over priced, not tasty and average quality food!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Larry20874

Ashburn, Virginia
“Top Deli Style Restaurant in VAB”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have never had a bad meal here. Soups and sandwiches are top notch. After the dinner rush it transforms into a music venue for jazz, blues, and rock bands.

Breakfast is served all day.

The new location is more removed from the beach but worth the short journey to Hilltop.

Prices are pretty good. I rated value as three stars based on the kids menu. Items are in the $5 range. Recently my son wanted the pb&j. It was $5.25 for a small (albeit tasty sandwich) and a bag of chips.

I recommend the milkshakes after a long day in the beach sun.

• Visited August 2013
“A mother of a sandwich”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is restuarant is a one of a kind place. If your tired of, dare I say it, seafood when your at the beach, is a good place to change pace. The food and srevice was outstanding. THe food was delicious and fresh. We stopped in for lunch, but the place looked like a great spot for bands and entertainment at night. Will defienetly be going back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Johnsgrl62688
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Jewish Mother --great place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a friend who went there to eat. He like it alot and told me about it.
I would recommend it to anyone. I hope to go there some day and try it out.

Livingston, TX
“New Location Same Good Deli Food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been a fan of the Jewish Mother for some time. Do miss the old place near the beach. Times may change but good deli food has not. Keep up the good work. The new location is a plus for the music scene.

• Visited May 2013