“Classic old beach restaurant with a view”

Lynnhaven Fish House Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Cross street: Shore Dr
Description: The Lynnhaven Fish House is a casually elegant seafood restaurant that overlooks the beautiful Chesapeake Bay. We offer the largest selection of fresh fish in the Hampton Roads area and have been voted the best seafood restaurant for 20 plus years. This year we celebrate our 36th anniversary as a premier seafood establishment. With over 70 wines,a strong experienced staff and the best seafood around you are sure to enjoy your time with us. We pride ourselves in offering each guest a unique exciting dining experience that is sure to leave you smiling and wanting more! For lunch or dinner, special occasion, business meeting or first date, come and see why the locals love us!
Norfolk, Virginia
“Classic old beach restaurant with a view”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The wife loved the view, and the shellfish platter she had. I greatly enjoyed the rockfish. Prompt, friendly service in an old-school setting, and decent prices.

1 Thank Jack M

Missouri
“good seafood”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service was excellent. Staff constantly checked to see if we needed anything. The seafood was quite delicious. The she-crab soup was a pleasant surprise.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank mdn74
Norfolk, Virginia
“Locals' tradition”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I took my nephew here for his birthday recently and we had a nice time. It was not crowded for a Saturday afternoon which we liked because we got excellent service. When we arrived we were taken to a table overlooking the water and our server Joel was very attentive.

The lunch menu was varied and we were also advised that they had a brunch menu. We chose to order from the lunch menu. I ordered the Casserole Prince which consisted of lobster, shrimp, scallops and the fish of the day in a very creamy sauce with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms. It was actually more of a "stew" and was wonderful! My nephew ordered the seafood stir fry, a medley of lobster, shrimp, scallops and vegetables served over rice with and almond topping. He enjoyed it and was actually surprised that it filled him up. Both entrees came with hush puppies (outstanding) and a side dish.

The website menu states that entrees come with hush puppies, a house salad and one side dish, however, we were not offered a salad. I chose cole slaw as my side dish and was not really impressed with it. Although it had celery salt in it, I thought it was quite bland. My nephew had the steak fries but didn't comment on them. They looked pretty ordinary though.

I did notice (after I was seated) that there were crumbs on my chair, but it wasn't an issue. Just an over sight by the clean up crew. This is a place that I would go back to, especially if you want a quiet retreat for good conversation and great food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Coral D
Outer Banks NC
“Rather Pricey, but Great for a Special Occasion”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went for a graduation party, and we all enjoyed dinner. Food and drinks were plentiful, except some of the specials were a little skimpy -- you might want to ask your server how much food is there. The seafood seemed very fresh and tasty, and I will go again for a special occasion.

1 Thank sarita989
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Traditional Seafood”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

What makes this restaurant so special is the standardization of the food. The food is always excellent and is exactly the same each time. The mediterranean sald you get in June is served exactly the same in December. If you have a hankering for a great seafood platter it will taste just like the one you got last the time you visited.The attention to detail is very obvious.

Visited November 2012