“Some of the best seafood I have ever had”
Review of One Fish-Two Fish

One Fish-Two Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
One Fish-Two Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Shore Drive
Description: Located minutes from Chesapeake Bay on the water is One Fish-Two Fish. We offer an alternative to formal dining, it's what we call "fun dining." The atmosphere is "upscale without the uppity." This unique feeling is created by a casual waterfront environment with boat access. The restaurant is centered around the Exhibition Kitchen with panoramic views of the Bay. The menu incorporates a blend of California style with fresh, local seafood. The wine list focuses on "boutique style" wines and is consistently recognized with the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence." The staff strive to make this venue high energy but still elegant. The only thing we overlook is the water. See you there.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tried this place on the advice of the owner of a place we were renting and we were very glad we did. Everything we had was delicious, and the restaurant's atmosphere on the water was perfect for what they were serving.

1  Thank billyspans

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Walking into the restaurant I was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was fantastic! It is a wonderfully placed restaurant with a fantastic view. We ordered drinks, but I immediately felt rushed to make a decision on what we were going to order. I, having never been here, needed time to review all of my options. The waitress asked 2-3 times what we wanted before we even had time to settle in. Finally we decided on drinks and an appetizer (tuna tataki). The drinks came at a good time and so did the appetizers. The appetizer was very good. My only complaint was that the crab meat on top almost seemed to mask the fact that the tuna (which is eaten raw for those who have never had tuna tataki) was not freshly mixed with the sauce. It was starting to cook itself from the acids with in the sauce which definitely let me know it was premixed well before being served. Other than that it was rather tasty. Shortly after our meal arrived. It was unimpressive to the eye. I ordered the catch of the day (pan seared mahi-mahi served with french lentils, herb roasted winter squash and a blood orange beurre blanc) and my husband ordered one of the nights specials (rockfish with parmesan risotto, chorizo and crawfish etouffee sauce). We had high hopes considered both of our meals were $27 and $28 dollar. My fish was not seared. It seamed more steamed, simply seasoned with salt and pepper. It was properly cooked but lacked any type of flare. The lentils seemed simply boiled in water and strained served next to some steamed spaghetti squash seasoned with salt and pepper and served with something that didn't even taste remotely like an orange sauce of any kind. If you advertise blood orange I would expect a slight red or orange color. the sauce looked green/yellowish and had no taste of orange. I was totally disappointed in the flavors. I even went as far as to add salt because of the lack of flavor. I HATE adding salt to a restaurant meal.
My husbands meal looked as disappointing as I thought it tasted. The sauce on his plate tasted like something from a jar or a sauce made hours prior and there was no crawfish at all. His fish was more seared than mine but lacked any type of flavor and he had 3 measly slices of chorizo on the side. The risotto ,which is far from a risotto and shouldn't even be labeled as such, was just long grained rice slightly over cooked that had no good flavor at all.

I am not normally one to complain about a meal but I was so disappointed in the flavors. I am glad that my drinks tasted good, the appetizer was fairly tasty and the atmosphere was nice, but I my actual meal was a total disappointment! Maybe because I am a foodie and I enjoy cooking I am overly critical but if I am going to pay $28 for a plate of food I had better be some what impressed. I will probably not return to One Fish Two Fish unless it is for drinks and to enjoy a nice view.

1  Thank Heather A
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visiting family in Virginia Beach and they took me here. Wonderful restaurant and fantastic food. Each course was excellent and no pressure to hurry. From drinks, appetizer, entrée and dessert. Each was perfect. Thank you for a providing a wonderful evening with my family.

2  Thank PamT1976
Reviewed September 14, 2013

my wife and i visited this excellent food and outdoors experience while celebrating our 15 anniversary. we were on vacation in virginia beach july 5th. we had made reservations just before sunset and requested to sit outdoors. the filet and salmon were excellent ( with a bottle of wine ) and the weather was perfect.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A group of 8 of us went there for dinner. We had to wait at the bar and ordered drinks, which varied from outstanding (their Mojito special WAS special) to a mediocre and weak Bloody Mary. The Calamari appetizer is huge and delicious; we ordered two and one would have sufficed. The main courses of Tilapia (wonderful), Mahi Mahi (good), and Shrimp (great) were very well prepared and presented. Our server was very good. The noise level in the main dining room was as loud as any bar we have been in (great for bar ambiance, not so good for dining). So overall, a good place to eat, but not memorable.