“Awesome restaurant”
Review of One Fish-Two Fish

One Fish-Two Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
One Fish-Two Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Shore Drive
Description: Located minutes from Chesapeake Bay on the water is One Fish-Two Fish. We offer an alternative to formal dining, it's what we call "fun dining." The atmosphere is "upscale without the uppity." This unique feeling is created by a casual waterfront environment with boat access. The restaurant is centered around the Exhibition Kitchen with panoramic views of the Bay. The menu incorporates a blend of California style with fresh, local seafood. The wine list focuses on "boutique style" wines and is consistently recognized with the Wine Spectator "Award of Excellence." The staff strive to make this venue high energy but still elegant. The only thing we overlook is the water. See you there.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Visiting family in Virginia Beach and they took me here. Wonderful restaurant and fantastic food. Each course was excellent and no pressure to hurry. From drinks, appetizer, entrée and dessert. Each was perfect. Thank you for a providing a wonderful evening with my family.

2  Thank PamT1976
There are newer reviews for One Fish-Two Fish

Reviewed September 14, 2013

my wife and i visited this excellent food and outdoors experience while celebrating our 15 anniversary. we were on vacation in virginia beach july 5th. we had made reservations just before sunset and requested to sit outdoors. the filet and salmon were excellent ( with a bottle of wine ) and the weather was perfect.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A group of 8 of us went there for dinner. We had to wait at the bar and ordered drinks, which varied from outstanding (their Mojito special WAS special) to a mediocre and weak Bloody Mary. The Calamari appetizer is huge and delicious; we ordered two and one would have sufficed. The main courses of Tilapia (wonderful), Mahi Mahi (good), and Shrimp (great) were very well prepared and presented. Our server was very good. The noise level in the main dining room was as loud as any bar we have been in (great for bar ambiance, not so good for dining). So overall, a good place to eat, but not memorable.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I hadn't been back to Norfolk for almost 5 years and had the occasion to return on a business trip to visit with old friends from the Norfolk Southern Railroad. We wanted to take them out to dinner and I suggested One Fish, Two Fish as it was always my favorite stop when visiting Norfolk in the past. Not knowing if they were still as good as they used to be I was pleasantly surprised that they had not lost any of their skills and their meals were terrifically prepared. One Fish , Two Fish of Virginia Beach still lived up to my old expectations and I hope to make another trip again soon.

1  Thank Ronald S
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Return visitor. very positive previous experiences but never before have dined outside. Upon arrival, given a choice - with perfect temp and unusually low humidity - we chose outdoors on the dock overlooking the water and boats. Perfect until a wedding reception DJ started playing midway through our meal. The reception venue was in the covered porch area bewteen us and indoor dining. So loud, I could barely hear my date and had to nearly yell at each other. I ahd no idea thebrestaurant catered to receptions. Would have been nice to know about the planned event before choosing our table location. Probably should have asked to move to inside table where noise could barely be heard, but awkward to do 1/2 way through the meal and leave our server. Otherwise, food was terrific and service as top notch. Unforeseen wedding reception dampens what could have been a 4/5 experience.

1  Thank Chip R