“Great Anniversary”
Review of Braise

Braise
Reserve with OpenTable
Braise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: (757) 961-8131
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Great Anniversary”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I shared our first wedding anniversary dinner here in October 2013. The atmosphere was great, they had signature cocktails and the dinner was great! I would recommend this resturant to anyone, after all a friend recommended it to me.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Amy S

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

It was Virginia Beach's restaurant week last week so it's a great time for us to try a three course meal for a very reasonable price at a restaurant we haven't dined before. The service, food and atmosphere was wonderful. My husband had the roasted oyster appetizer, the salmon and the chocolate dessert. The salmon was delicious with the skin crispy and flavorful. He thought the dessert was too heavy for him and said would choose a different dessert next time. I tasted his dessert and it was very chocolaty and rich. I started with the butternut squash soup ,then the short rib with cheese grits and topped with fried spinach, and finished with the coconut tapioca with passion fruit sorbet and ginger cilantro syrup. It was all very good. The short rib was flavorful, tender and moist. Neither of us cared for the cheese grits. Not sure what I expected, but the grits must have been a coarse grind. Guess I'm used to the fine ground breakfast type grits. The soup was rich and creamy and had a great flavor, but my favorite part of the meal was dessert. I can't remember when I last had tapioca and I glad I got this one. Not a fan of cilantro (tastes soapy to me) but the finely diced cilantro in the ginger syrup was the perfect combination for the tapioca and sorbet. We have tried to follow the chef/owner (Bobby Huber) to a lot of his restaurants through the years since we first dined at his restaurant Sweet Bird of Youth many years ago. His creative menu has always delighted us and we hope to return soon for another wonderful meal.

Visited January 2014
Virginia
“GREAT FOOD, AMBIANCE NEEDED”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Food preparation was excellent and the waiter was helpful, pleasant, and professional. We had dinner (6) on a Sunday night at 6:30. There were a few people eating at the Bar, and only one table occupied in the extremely large, contemporary dining room. I would have expected to see a full house. I had excellent Lamb Shank with Blue Cheese Grits. My husband's Etouffe was wonderful and all at the table were dunking their bread in his sauce. Others had steak, salmon, and tuna. All were happy with their dishes. The chocolate dessert was so dense it could be shared by many.I would suggest screening off part of the room when not expecting a full house to improve the ambiance. We all hope the excellent chef Bobby Huber can fill the room!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank strategic2
va beach va
“Familiar place, amazing food!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First time in this restaurant..and we weren't disappointed. The menu was interesting and the prices were reasonable. It's not too noisy in spite of the openness of the room (in the back). Our dinners were all perfect…and our desserts were memorable…try the chocolate chip cookie (hot)..cooked in it's own skillet! We all agreed it's a winner!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Roxyvb
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the second time we have met friends here for early drinks and appetizers. It has been great both times! Very classy, good staff. Even though we were not ordering full dinners the owner came around and checked on all the tables. Lumpia are the best I have ever had. Most of the appetizers, including soups and salads are half price until 6:30. Again, get there early as they were full between 5:30 and 6:00 in the bar area. Really nice dining room in the rear of the restaurant as well. Highly recommend you try this place!!

• Visited November 2013