“Great Pizza and Pasta!”

Ranked #307 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: With over 21 years in business in Hampton Roads, we are a repeat "Best of" Winner in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Norfolk. In 2015, we were voted Best Pizza, Best Italian Restaurant, Best Family/Casual Dining, Best Beer Selection and Best Dessert in all three cities. Our menu of authentic Italian specialties, pasta, sandwiches and more is sure to please the entire family. So, come visit us or order online for pick-up or delivery and see why we're the family favorite!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Was surprised by the menu options and great tasting pizza. Chicken Parm, pizza, smoked mac and cheese with bacon, boneless wings - all awesome. French Onion soup was only OK. A little pricey compared to other italian places. One complaint would be the food tends to take forever to get prepared. We will go back.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband is gluten free and loves pizza and we found this restaurant through a Google search. Bright, clean, welcoming - a surprise for a strip mall location. There is a tiny bar in one corner (though I don't know if you have to have to sit there to have hard liquor - did see folks enjoying wine at their table). A glass panel separates the customers from the chefs - pizza by the slice, chopped salads, gelato and bakery - yum. My husband has tried GF pizza at many restaurants and it's always crumbly - in fact it's usually served on a liner pan because they can't move it. Here it was served on a plate - a good size pizza (only comes in one size - a healthy single serving). Crust was crisp and held the toppings well. You could pick it up like regular pizza. Crust was very good. The chopped salad needed more toppings - lots of greens but you had to hunt for the extras. GF bakery items - brownies, cookies and cake (though they were out of most of it when we were there). It's a small chain in Beach/Hampton Roads - 4-5 locations. Hope they open a location in Richmond, VA.

1  Thank DebbieH13204
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Tonight was my second visit to this YNot Pizza location on Providence Road. As we arrived, I couldn't remember anything about my last visit standing out, which was about a year or 18 months ago.
I knew I didn't have that gut reaction when I refuse to ever return to a restaurant, so obviously my last visit wasn't bad. It just wasn't good enough to stand out in my mind as to flavor, service, or anything else that was outstanding. You never forget your experience at a restaurant that just blows you away with service and taste.
Tonight, we ordered pizza. A 14" pizza with pepperoni, sausage and ham. The ham did stand out: it's the best tasting ham I have ever tasted on a pizza. The sausage had good flavor, but I honestly don't remember tasting the pepperoni, though it was definitely there.
We both ordered sweet tea and were served by Amanda. The sweet tea is definitely worth recommending, I'm pretty sure it is Lipton brand and sweetened just right.
Our service was better than adequate, Amanda was sweet and nice though at times she seemed to disappear and not visit enough, especially after we asked for extra time to make our order selection. But after that, she did a good job.
The pizza was good enough, but still not anything stellar. Y Not's sign says, "There's a big difference between national chains and your local pizzeria. Come in and let us prove it to you." Well, I'm still waiting and it's yet to be proven.
Inside, YNot is nicely decorated, and though the seating area seats around 118 inside, it's still pretty small and can fill very, very quickly. When we tried this location last week, and were told the wait was 10 minutes, over 40 minutes passed before the hostess told us it would only be another 10 minutes and finally offered a table barely big enough for one person. We left.
Clearly the dining room isn't big enough.
Tonight we came at 9:15pm, and luckily that was the right time as there were only two other tables inside.
As for the pizza, I found the crust inconsistent in the middle. Some areas were slightly soggy, while other parts of the slices were a little too crispy. But the edges of the pizza were spot on.
Somewhere in the pizza is a substantial helping of garlic, too, which we didn't ask for or order, but definitely tasted.
In fact, three hours later I'm still tasting the garlic. That's not desirable.
For dessert, I ordered a vanilla cupcake. The icing was excellent, though it was obvious that the cupcake had been refrigerated, which made me wonder how fresh it was and how recently it had been baked. Y Not does offer one of the most extensive dessert selections I've ever seen: Everything from gelato, cookies, four types of cake (coconut, red velvet, chocolate and carrot), and a lot more. My date tried the cookies, and got a LOT of them for only $2.50. I tried the butter cookie with chocolate, and found the cookie very buttery, but dry and not much chocolate flavor in the middle. The other kind of cookie I tried was very good.
As for my cupcake, it was very dense and reminded me of wedding cake. Never tasted a cupcake that was so dense and heavy before...is this an Italian style cupcake?
So overall, Y Not Pizza is good enough, but not good, and not outstanding.
I will return again, but my next visit will have me ordering something different from the menu, perhaps lasagna or a submarine sandwich.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We found Y Not while in Virginia for a sports competition. We were looking for something fast and were tired of the regular chains. We found Y Not!! Great fresh salads...made to order!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Much better alternative to the other pizza places. It's worth the 100 yr detour off the main highway.