“New York Italian in Virginia”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ynot Italian

Ynot Italian
Ranked #238 of 1,413 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: With over 21 years in business in Hampton Roads, we are a repeat "Best of" Winner in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Norfolk. In 2015, we were voted Best Pizza, Best Italian Restaurant, Best Family/Casual Dining, Best Beer Selection and Best Dessert in all three cities. Our menu of authentic Italian specialties, pasta, sandwiches and more is sure to please the entire family. So, come visit us or order online for pick-up or delivery and see why we're the family favorite!
Va Beach
“New York Italian in Virginia”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Two brothers from New Jersey own four Y-not restaurants i2 in Va Beach, one in Chesapeake, and one in Norfolk's upscale Ghent. These Jersey men certainly know Italian food. The menus has a large variety of selection other than pizza. Pasta dishes that you can choose your own sauce and pasta. Hot and cold subs, and a Gluten free pizza option. A unique and very popular and delicious item on the menus is their chopped salad. Pick your own green and a huge assortment of ingredients, then it comes finely chopped no knife needed. You get a bite of all the flavors at once - wonderful !
Portion sizes are more than I can ever eat. It is a family restaurant, and a family run restaurant , many of the servers are sisters, or cousins, and it is a generally nice atmosphere.
On Friday and Saturday nights there is usually a 20 min wait, but it is definitely worth it !

• Visited September 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had visited this restaurant with my daughter over a year ago and we loved it. I recently went back with my husband and it was as if it was a different restaurant entirely. We felt rushed by the server to make up our minds so we ended up choosing one of the create-your-own pasta dishes. That was an expensive choice. One of the toppings I chose was shrimp at a cost of $4.50. I received four shrimp in my entree. Pretty overpriced in my opinion. I think we chose the wrong time to try to have dinner because the overall atomosphere was very loud. Lots of families with kids. This restaurant is probably a terrific, fun place for families. Not so much for two older folks.

Visited August 2012
currituck NC
“IF YOU LOVE CHEESE...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It's been a long time since I've come close to raving about a pizza...this place rates among the best pizza I've tasted in years! There's something first quality about their cheese's and sauce...not to mention dough...that bring about a fabulous pizza! Two thumbs up for Y Not.

Visited September 2012
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Great pasta and more!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Unique menu got to choose type of pasta, type of sauce and type of topping on pasta... like customized menu. I got Gnocchi with pesto sauce topped with brosciutto enough for two people for $15... wow what a deal and it was awesome - just like the northend of Boston, MA. Can not say enough about our waitress Kelly who explained how the menu works, dinner specials and even escorted me over to the counter where the Italian Cookies were... not cheap immitation Italian cookies like at the grocery store (you can't fool me).

• Visited June 2012
Jackson, New Hampshire
“Hidden Gem Alert.”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Love italian food, traveling with a great italian cook and we both thought the food was awesome, the service remarkable and the outdoor dining (during a powerful thunder storm) fantastic. Just happened upon this restaurant driving around looking for one without a long wait. My question now is why didn't this reaturant have a long wait - it was better food and service than some of the ones we had eaten in that did. The bakery part of the restaurant was outstanding as well... try it all... we did!

• Visited June 2012