“Coffee shop”

Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Coffee shop”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's a Denny's. What can I say? The food is average, but it's usually pretty good. The quality of the service varies between restaurants. The restaurant on Virginia Beach Blvd consistently had poor service while the restaurant on Newtown Road had much better service. The to-go service doesn't do so well because of long waits, menu items ordered are not what we received. On a positive note, we like that we're able to get a 20% discount after 4pm with our AARP card.

Visited May 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Above and beyond - literally!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I love Denny's All American Slam breakfast. On our recent stay in Virginia Beach, we stayed at a hotel that was right behind a Denny's.

Because of the terrible parking at the hotel, we were afraid to leave to go to dinner because we didn't think we would get a parking space when we came back. But, physically, walking far distances for both my sister and me is a challenge. I was thinking out loud in the room and told my sister, "I sure do wish Denny's delivered, because I sure would order a load of food!" She said, "Well call them and just see..." So I did, and they did!

The manager answered the phone, I told him our situation, and he delivered our meal right to our door! I tipped him almost as much as the meal because we were so surprised and appreciative. He said this may be the start of something new for them - delivery to the hotel! LOL

The food was wonderful, the service fabulous and the gesture truly appreciated!!!

• Visited May 2013
Chula Vista, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean and great service. Kept my water filled and took my order within a minute of sitting down.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Cookies and Cream Shake was amazing. Steak was typical Denny's but cooked exactly the way I liked it.

Visited November 2012
MD
“Standard”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

nothing to write home about. standard DENNYS. Atleast they are open late and they serve the Veggie Skillet

Visited November 2012
Edgewood, Maryland
“nice atmosphere and service”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we always enjoy eating at dennys; the food is good; consistent with taste; and the service was really really nice; attentive and courteous

Visited August 2012